Looking for TONNEAU BED COVER

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Brown

Reaction score
I am in need of a tonneau cover for my 05 Sport Trac. I would prefer a factory cover, but would consider aftermarket covers as well.

I travel a lot and usually store all of my luggage in the back seat of my truck, but recently got a German Shepherd who will be traveling in the back seat, so I will now need to move my luggage to the bed - meaning I will need some sort of bed cover in case it begins to rain.

Let me know what you have!

Ty

Just a FYI, the OEM cover is NOT water tight.

Todd Z

The K-Cover on my 2001 isn't water tight either (though it was better when I first got it than it is now, 14 years later or so). It does a pretty good job of keeping most water out, but I wouldn't put anything back there that I wasn't ok with getting at least a little splashed if it rained.

Your best bet if you really need it to keep the rain/water out is probably one of those one-piece Leer (or comparable) fiberglass covers. Oh, and you'll want to plug the holes in the bed so water doesn't splash up from below.

I have two 1 piece fiberglass covers I'd sell, but you'll have to drive to Des Moines to get them. One's black and the other is silver. The black one came on my '01, and it leaks just a tiny bit at one front corner-easy fix-, but it needs refinished. I stopped using it when I swapped beds last summer and the new bed came with a factory cover.

I've never used the silver one because I bought a topper for my '02 just weeks before I bought the cover. I thought I might switch occasionally, but now doubt I ever will. I have $150 in it, and it's nice. No clamps for it though.

Latest posts