Looking at buying second vehicle. 2006 Ford Fusion. Need some advice!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a second vehicle, no i'm not selling the trac, i love it:wub:. however i am looking at the new ford fusion. i am just wondering if anybody has one or knows of anybody having it and the problems that have arisen thus far.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx for any help

patrick pierobon

p.s- keep on trac'in:cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant give you any advice, but I like the looks of the fusion..Iam not sure if I would buy the first year...Firstyear of most cars have a few bugs, to be worked out...

got very bad crash ratings.. only vehicle tested with out extra (side impact)air bags.. ford is supposed to be getting it retested with the extra bags.. Seems to be doing well in NASCAR!!

troy

The Fusion shares alot of parts with the Mazda6.

People love it. They fly out of the dealers.

Tom

Very nice automobile, if you can, check out the Milan, the Mercury version of the same car, very classy and at a good price.

Have a good one

Bob

:D I have a black SEL with dark charcoal interior I love it and it it a very quiet smooth ride. the fit and finish it top notch with this car and a very solid feel I highly reccomend one. as far as the crash rating I wouldn't say it did VERY bad as it didn't it wasn't up to par in the side impact test but the offset was acceptable.just for kicks check out how the toyota , honda and nissan did in their side impacts and it will make you wonder why this car was singled out.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

I will probably also get a fusion. I may wait till 07 when the put the 3.5ltr. I did test drive one and fell in love. Check out the fusion boards I have listed.

Makin Traxx,

Because it says Ford in the front.

I see the 2006 Camry came out with a Poor rating without the airbags. The 2003 - 2004 Accord did poor, it also did not have the Airbags. The 2004 - 2006 did good, but it was tesated with its side airbags.

Tom

CAYMEN that'smy point exactly:) It's all in the situation as to how any accident happens, I've seen a s-10 take out an f-350 as it was hit in the side. wheres all the news about the late great Camry oh wait it's perfect right :rolleyes: I hate the media for that reason they get hung up on something and NEVER let it go because of ratings or sales.

All I have ever heard about the Fusion is GOOD!

As for crash testing, every few years they come up with a new crash test that few manufacturers have designed their vehicles for. Really, how many vehicles made in the last 3 years have had side airbags??? Some vehicles have them as an option but if people don't buy them in sufficient quantities, they can be very expensive and hard to find.

I wanted side curtain air bags when we bought my wifes 2003 Saturn Ion, and the Dealer searched all over Texas and Oklahoma and could not locate one equiped with the optional side airbags. He said most of them go to California and the North Eastern states.

...Rich

I have owned a black SE V6 since November and now have 7,100 miles on it. I absolutely love this car. Sporty looking, lots of interior room, good fit and finish, no squeaks or rattles, 6 speed auto. is very smooth, no mechanical problems so far. I am getting 26-27 mpg out of the V6. Handling is very good. Really started out wanting a Milan, but couldn't get as good a deal on one. I Highly recommend this car.

I'm with randyr i really can't say enough good about the fusion.:D if you have not drove one and are in the market DO SO, you will be very happy with what you see and feel:cool:

I test drove the Milan two weeks ago. Test drove the 4 cyclinder, and it was a dog. Should have tried the V6. The Milan was very sharp on the outside and inside. I'm sure the Fusion is a good ride.

Latest posts