Looking at 2009 Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel Pilgrim

Reaction score
I am looking at an 09 Adrenalin. I will be selling my 03 and have upgraded all the speakers to Alpine type R's. Does anyone know what size speakers are in the 09's? I think I found they are 6x8 but am not sure. I am wondering if my 5x7's from my 03 will fit an 09?

thanks

Mel

I believe the second gen speakers are the same size. should work if you want to go to the trouble to swap them out. I think the stock audiophile system in the adrenalin's sounds great as is...

The system in the Adren Cranks, i don't think an upgrade is necessary unless you want crazy sound..

Todd Z

I am unfortuneatly still waiting for the insurance to make me an offer on my truck. Until then I don't want to make contact with any dealers. I am looking at one at a Mercedes Dealer in Columbus, OH.

The Adrenalin system rocks but the speakers are 6x9. You will love the Adrenalin Gen2. Mine is 2008 and I still would not consider replacing it with any other vehicle on the road today. It's awesome and I hope one day Ford will find a way to create a Gen 3 model...somehow...please please please.......

I looked at it this evening. It is mint. Owned by a senior mid 70's. His back is ad and can't drive so is going to sell. It has 2300 Km :supercool: (just under 1400 miles). Absolutely mint silver color. Asking $30,000. Can't wait to get. He got the factory remote start, paint,rust and fabric protection. Even has plastic on the floor mats.

And here is my 03 for sale in Winnipeg, Mb.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2003-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-XLT-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ390511277

ihave also included on te My st site in the swap and sell board too

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask the dealer if that Adrenalin has the factory subwoofer behind the driver side rear seat... if so, you're starting off with a great system. The factory system with subwoofer sounds really good in my '10 Adrenalin. I had an '08 Explorer with the 5x7/6x8 Infiniti Kappa's that I put into my '10 STA with no fitment problems. The Explorer/Sport Trac factory speakers are all the same size, 5x7, up to 2010. But most aftermarket speakers have several screw hole options to fit both 5x7/6x8 mounts.

The factory speakers sound good because they are in a sealed enclosure. But swapping out the factory speakers will generally give you better mid's and high's until you crank it up, then it distorts. So you would need an amp on those Alpine's if you want louder and clearer.

Also, be sure that you tie down the wire clip so it doesn't interfere with the window roll down, it's a little tight behind the speaker.

Latest posts