Look What I Brought Home Today....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate B

Reaction score
And here it is. I picked up my truck today. Everything is done, but there still are a few things needing attention. First, my parking brake isn't working properly - it's loose and doesn't 'click' as I push it down. Second, my check engine light is on - code P0401 – Insufficient Flow to EGR. Not sure how to fix that one, but it’s gonna get fixed on Tuesday. Oh, and they took out my rear wheel spacers, which I want to put back in.

They did the spindles, rotors, brake pads, Superlift rear springs, extended rear sway links, MX-6 shocks front and rear, body lift, and JBA headers.

It's weird being so high up, but I love it all the same.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hey Nate....That looks AWSOME!!! Nice job. I love the xterrains. but, I am curious as to how loud those tires are and what size you settled on. My wife wants to know how much taller than stock it actually is.

Raserx

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good nate.... DID they indicate any thing towards the headers???? Going to be installing mine soon. How does she sound?

Todd Z

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I’ve been wanting to do this since I got the Trac a couple of years ago. I’m glad it turned out well.

Raserx, I love the Xterrains too. I can feel them a little bit more than the Brigestones that I had on there before, but that’s just because they’re more aggressive. I went with the 35x12.50 R17. I think they measure out 34.8” or something close to that. They are pretty big tires… put it this way, when I had the Xterrains in the back, I had to line 3 in a row, then face the 4th out towards the rear. With my Brigestones (285/75 R16) I could line all 4 in the bed of the truck, AND fold my tailgate up.

My EGR valve is new… well, 7 months new. I checked the DPFE sensor, and it seems ok. My RPMs seem fine, and the truck drives fine too. Caymen – do you think I should replace the DPFE sensor??? The thing that has two pipe thingys going into the bottom of it with an electrical plug on top, right??

The headers didn’t make as much of a difference in the tone of my exhaust as I thought it would. It made it a little deeper, but not louder. I’m going to be doing the Y pipe soon enough, and I keep reading that that makes a significant difference in sound. It’s hard to say on any gains on power with the headers because of the big tires. Once I re-gear, I guess I’ll have a better idea.

Cool, Waite till you install the y-pipe, then it is on!!...

Hope this helps with the DPFE..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Replace the DPFE sensor. Most of those mechanics that say that code refers to a bad EGR is wrong. The DPFE sensor failing is very common and simple to fix. Just fix it.

Tom

Latest posts