LOCKSMITH OFFER to ALL ST Owners!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
EDIT:

Hello Everyone.... I'm here today to make you ALL an offer you can't refuse...;);)

Keys for the ST

For any and all, I am willing to sell you a keyblank for your ST at my cost plus $2 shipping. If you would be willing to stop by your dealer and get your key-code (which should be free)

I will cut the key for you also. (I can get key codes from your VIN # but they cost me $14 each.)

A non-chipped key duplicated or cut to code will be $1.... and to copy one of your chipped keys will be $1 plus the cost of the extra key. Plus shipping

There are 2 keys for your trucks: 2001 Job1 = H72-PT and 2001 Job2 - 2007 is a Stattec 599114.

The H72-PT cost me $5.95 and the Strattec 599114 cost me $14.25

Also,, I am putting up a file in my library on how to program a third key, and what it would require you to program a second key if you only have 1.

If I can find a better way to make this easier for you, I will... TIA

LaRue

I WOULD ADVISE EVERYONE GET THEIR KEY CODE FROM THE DEAL AND PUT IT SOMEWHERE YOU'LL ALWAYS HAVE IT! WRITE IT ON A STICKER AND PUT IT IN A SECRET SPOT SOMEWHERE IN YOUR TRUCK

FORD

Originate New Master Key:

Vehicle must be connected to Hickock NGS (Dealer) or (Locksmith)=T-Code, SDD, Code Seeker, MVP

Two ten minute delays are required for this device to erase existing key programming and allows the vehicle module to accept new key codes. Two new keys should be ready since the system requires a minimum of two keys for programming.

After the first two keys are programmed, additional keys can be entered individually by following the instructions for adding duplicate keys.

Adding Duplicate Keys (Requires two working keys)

1. Insert an existing key into the ignition cylinder.

2. Turn the ignition cylinder to on / run and back to OFF.

3. Remove the existing key and, within five seconds, insert a second key and turn it to on / run - then back OFF.

4. Insert the new key before ten seconds have elapsed and turn it to on / run.

Leave it on for one second and turn back to OFF.

5. The security light will be on for three seconds to indicate that the new key has been programmed properly.

ST Keys:

2001 – production thru (mid year) job 1…….........……..keyblank= H72PT

2001 job2 – 2007…………………………………..………………keyblank= Strattec# 599114

This info is from “MY” locksmith books and other resoursces I have on file and these keyblanks are what I use in my locksmith business

Last edited by a moderator:
Larue, THATS GREAT !!!!!!

I am sure some will take advantage of that...

Also can I throw in my 2 cents ???

Can you offer a non chipped key ( if the blank is still available) for people like me that have keys in my wallet in case I lock my keys in the truck with it running and the keypad doesn't work. And since it is not chipped if some one steels my wallet they cant start the truck ???

Second, Can some one send you their 2nd key and have you cut the new one for them ??

Thanks

Todd Z

That's a great offer. Unfortunately I just purchased the 3rd key for my 07 ST about a month ago or I would definitely take you up on this. All ST'ers need to take advantage of this offer if they do not already have a 3rd key for their vehicles. This could save you ~$100 if you happen to loose one of your original 2 ST keys.

Tiger, I charge 3bucks in my truck and 1 buck in the shop for duplicate keys, 1.75 for a plastic head...... all cut...

an you offer a non chipped key ( if the blank is still available) for people like me that have keys in my wallet in case I lock my keys in the truck with it running and the keypad doesn't work. And since it is not chipped if some one steels my wallet they cant start the truck ???

Todd,,, I'll add a "steel" non-chip key to the mix for just opening their door.

Second, Can some one send you their 2nd key and have you cut the new one for them ??

YES

Yeah...I went to the dealer to get the key cut after calling local locksmiths, all who seemed scarily incompetent. It was $10 at the dealer, but the key they cut (off the key number in the glove box) fit only the glove box, even though it was supposed to be the door key. Had to get a locksmith to then make a key off the ignition, that cost $28 for two keys. Oh wells...

Larue,

what about getting some keys for a 150? My son lost both sets and has been waiting to get some cash saved up inoder to get them for the dealer. Last he knew they were like 150.00 each.

What info will I need him to provide you?

Dale

So far I have replied to: Eldon W., Yardsale Marty, Allen J. and Tom C.

Dale, give me the year, make,model:D. Has he lost all keys? Will need a key code or I'll get you one for 14 bucks. (need VIN) Same type deal for the 150.

I have four sets already, including the remote fobs...

otherwise i would get them from you Larue :)

I got the remote fobs off of ebay for like 9.00 each new..

RJM: got it:D

For anyone who needs it, my address is:

A2Z Key & Lock Shop

53W Wesmark Blvd

Sumter, SC 29150

kefguy: still waiting on the go-ahead................:cool:

Rodger McD:)

Tom C:)

Yardsale:)

Eldon:)

Allen:)