Locked my only key in the ST, any tips tricks?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great deal Dan, and as you'll see, that membership is good money spent wisely.;)

You can do a search for the key pad code here, there should be a number of posts with info on exactly where to find the factory code.

D-

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay about $20 per car a year with USAA auto and get all the same services of AAA.

Any military and dependents can get it...

Dan, just found the project for locating your keypad code and used it to get mine. Very simple, quick procedure - THANKS TO RICH M.

Takes about 10-20 minutes:cool:

D-

Here's the link:

Kevin L. said;

"Not a fan...but on a different note, are you saying that you keep the tools to break into your vehicle outside your vehicle?"

Yes Kavin, basically that is what I am stating. I keep the tools to get into my vehicle, outside of my vehicle. They are not much help left behind in my garage or home.If I need them, I lie under the rear of my van and fish around until I grab ahold of them above my spare tire.

Think of it this way....The spare in your Trac....Up and under your rear bumper...Cold, late or far away night...You lock your keys in your vehicle with NO KEYPAD...Wood wedge or air wedge under the spare...Your choice...I chose mine....Sorry if you think I'm incorrect!!!

All I can say is it's a lot better than the coat hanger I wrapped around my 1963 Studebaker Commanders' muffler for the same reason when I was 16!!!!!

When you said "van spare tire", I thought about the vans with the spare tire on the back, which is why I was baffled as to why you'd put anything right there, in plain sight.

The under-car spare didn't cross my mind...maybe because I only thought of the E series as fleet vehicles...

Anyhow, now that you put it in perspective, I concur with your idea. As another post said, it's better to have someone get into your vehicle without damaging it, because glass and sheet metal is not a defense against a determined vandal...and anyone who would loot the goodies off your spare tire ranks up as being pretty determined.

Tis better to replace the stereo than the stereo AND the drivers' window lol.

My mistake.

How do you get to the tools to let the spare tire down when they are inside the Trac if you can't get inside to get the tools?:huh:

I know this is a little late but it may help in the future.

I was able to take off the antenna of my trac and use it to get in. You have to use the end with the ball and go to the driver's side or Passenger side door. Lift up the handle and you will see a small slot, hold up the handle while jiggling the antenna around. You will eventually be able to push the lock itself up. This works on the Tracs and rangers. Once you do it a few times it will take less than 5 minutes.

Latest posts