Lights OUT!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
2001 ST, 241,000K, never a bunch of trouble with it to be honest, but now I am facing a myraid of nuances with the turn signal, stop and tail lamps, and emergency flasher! First I have some work to be done with the left turn signal fiasco, and now I have more to add to that list. Here, in the best scenario I can describe, is what I have so far:

:banghead:

1. I have both front lights flashing in emergency mode!

2. Neither rear light flashes in emergency mode!

3. All 4 Park lights are good!

4. With a lift of the tilt lever, I have fleft side ront and rear turn signals, w/ rear brake light!

working!

5. Right side front turn signal flashes fast, replaced new bulb, same result, still flashing fast!

6. Rear right side won't signal a turn, or stop, when brakes are applied !

I have replaced bulbs, checked fuses, and replaced a rear light socket, all to no avail! Can anyone here give me a clue before I go and get robbed at a dealer?

Tilt your steering wheel UP towards the winshield all the way.....

Now it is fixed.... LOL

there is a bad wire (Common issue) in the steering coulmn..

SEE link below

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ToddZ, :banana:you are always out front with your helpful advice, and it is again appreciated! Could be more to the issue though, I have heard everything from bulbs to fuses, but all have been replaced so I am on to the next phase of eliminating until the problem does not exist. I have a problem with getting the cover off the top of the steering wheel and I am timid about roughing it off so I can go to the source of the problem. What do you suggest that I do to pull it off completely? Woould a relay have an effect on this problem? I am awaiting your answer as I speak here. I will try the link that you suggested and see what happens!:banghead: