lighted ford eblem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Vannostrand

Reaction score
i saw someone asked about this a couple of weeks ago i think it was, but i missed all the replies, sorry for the double post but is there anywhere where you can still buy them?

Last edited by a moderator:
You get a $169 ticket for having them here.

I just saw a trooper with someone stopped for having one last night. I watched him make the driver disconnect it.

Beach Trac is from Hampton roads Virginia. The cops don't pull you over here for anything other than speeding. Hell we can even drive without INsurance if you pay DMV the $500 bribe (er fee) to exempt you.

It's a whacked up state (er...commonweath) :lol::lol:

Here's a link for the logo

It appears for some reason they are discontinued!

I'm sure that they made people think that the users were police.

Blue lights are reserved for police and disaster command posts only in Wisconsin. The ticket is for improper lights and improper colored lights. Technically, the cops could write two separate tickets, but they usually only write for one.

No brighter than they are it seems a bit picky. Yeah, I know about blue lights but the laws vary widely between regions and states.

Yet no one ever gets pulled over for those annoying HID lights that are blue or purple/pink.

So blinding other drivers, whilst driving around with your ride looking more gay than Canadian Money, is fine but impersonating a police officer with (gasp!) a blue Ford logo is not?

(Do police just feel sorry for the morons who put 4 pink HID lights on their lifted Dodge Ram trucks, so they don't arrest them? I really wonder sometimes.)

On the one I had, only the Ford script lit up white. Unfortunately, I don't think they sell them anymore.

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, I can totally see why a lighted ford emblem should get you a ticket. Last time I saw one of those in the rear view mirror I was all 'OMG! It's a police car! I totally need to pull over!'

I had a small one in my hitch receiver and a Virginia trooper stopped me and made me unhook it because of the lit blue oval!

I have the Lumilogo on my grille. I was very happy with it and I looked forward to driving every night so I could light it up :) until it conked out after almost 2 years. One of these days I'll check which one among the lighted logo component or the inverter has an issue.

Latest posts