Lifted My Trac!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
Well, after two months of work, I finally got the lift up and running today. One of the slow downs was waiting 28 days for the new concrete to cure. I re-poured a 5X15 section of the floor and made it 16 ins. thick. Then I decided to put a 12 circuit panel box in the garage for the lift power and some extras, like the welder plug and outlets running down both columns. While I was at it, I ran a 30 amp circuit for the RV to get plugged into. All in all it wasn't too bad of a project. The usual screw ups like a couple of leaky hydraulic lines, and poorly written directions. So, here is my lifted trac...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Gary D. in CT

Gary:

Pretty awesome setup. Doing brakes just became a piece of cake. I'm in awe!! Nice looking install....very professional.

Gary G
:cool:

I hope in the second picture down that the pic was taken at an angle and not that the truck is sitting crooked...

Looks good man.....

I can be man enough to say I am jealous....

Todd Z

I hope in the second picture down that the pic was taken at an angle and not that the truck is sitting crooked...

I was thinking the same thing, the ceiling line and the floor seem to be running straight, yet the trac is sitting crooked. :unsure:

Thanks everyone, I am pretty psyched that it's finally finished. I may have touched the diverter valve that will let one side go up without the other. It's used for leveling. I think the high flow cat will go on tomorrow, then the rear end cover, then the trany cover, boy I'm going to busy. Oil change anyone??

Gary D.

Looks great. The ceiling's pretty low, though. You might want to get a cheap leather office chair to do work from, so it'll roll and wipe clean relatively easily.

Yes, it is low, but it's 10ft 3in., higher than most. I can raise it to around 40 ins. I even moved the garage opener up to the the ceiling. I knew that all along. I put the stock wheels back on every winter and do brake work, it's perfect for that.

I've got a 9k lb. Rotary lift, and even at full height, and with me at 6'4", I still have to crouch to get under the truck. I wish they'd start making lifts for taller people.

Latest posts