Letterman's Top 10 reasons to vote Democrat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard L

Reaction score
David Letterman's Top 10 reasons to vote Democrat.

#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

# 9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn't.

# 8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

# 7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

# 6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that gets police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

# 5. I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

# 4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into it.

# 3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.

# 2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

...And, the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish here in America. We don't care about the beetles, gophers, or fish in those other countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
StadEMS3,

Yes ! All good humor has a ring of truth to it.....sometimes more truth than we would like.:supercool:

Mark K.

You cannot believe everything Snopes says. Snopes is a mom & pop organization run by a man and his wife. They have also been shown to have a very Liberal bias and will protect Liberal politicians. They have actually been caught confirming lies about conservative politicians.

Snopes only claims that it was not "Penned" by Letterman and never used on his show?

I doubt that every top 10 list is actually penned by Letterman, but rather his writers. They also show no evidence that Letterman or any writer on the Letterman show did not write this list, and perhaps it was rejected and never appeared on the show. I suspect the writers for the show had dozens of Top 10 lists made up in advance and would pick one that was on the most current topic and perhaps punch it up a bit before airing on the show

Whether Letterman penned it or not...it's still pretty damned funny !

...Rich

I think someone just attached Letterman's name to it because it's in his style. I didn't read it as if Letterman or even his writers had written it. Letterman is quite liberal and for him to have written this would be really out of character anyway.

Hugh,

I agree that Letterman has always been a very open Liberal, and yes, the Top 10 list is in his style. However, he is a comedian, and it would not be too far out of line to say that he wouldn't go for the laugh over his political views? He has made many other jokes about both Liberal and Conservative rhetoric and politicians.

This Top 10 list may or may not have been shown to him by his writers and he rejected for what ever reasons, and it was never aired on his show?

Again, whether Letterman penned it or not, or if you are Liberal or Conservative, its still funny ! :bwahaha:

...Rich

I see it as one of the things frequently produced for circulation on the Conservative Email Forwarding Network. My brother subscribes to that stuff and in the attempt to avoid the so-called Mainstream Media, many pseudo-news websites have sprung up, like Conservative Tribune, Newsbusters, YoungCons, and (gack) American News. There are legitimate conservative news sites, like Breitbart, but a lot of people have bought into these minor sites.

In fact, in order to make a buck off the conservative hysteria, a few sites have sprung up that are actually owned by the Democrats. American News is one of them and they are on Facebook. American News is actually owned and managed by liberal university journalism students. Everytime someone "likes" or shares one of their fake or sensationalized stories or clicks on one of their advertisers, a few cents ends up in the pockets of the Democratic National Committee.

Bottom line: Buyer beware.

f094891e1c2c4961c1149972f0589433.png

Mark K,

You just confirmed my point....You can't believe anything you see on the internet, on TV or Newspapers....Someone always has an agenda. Sometimes the agenda is very obvious, and other times it may be more stealthy.

I did not post that Top 10 list because Letterman actually wrote it, or because it was posted on the internet by some conservative rag, but because it was funny...regardless of who wrote it

Snopes seems to be a bit on the stealthy side but you can notice a trend that they tend to support liberal political views or liberal personalities...ie David Letterman. Sometimes it is obvious and sometimes...not so obvious if you don't pick up on the trend. Many times they claim the personality never said or did that, but their confirmation info is very weak...often simply a denial from the personality or a spokesman? Remember: "I never had sex with that woman" ?? :grin:

I think we all know that Obama repeatedly said: "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it". I have actually seen 17 separate videos of him saying that, yet we all know that was not entirely true...even if he believed it was. You could only keep your current healthcare plan if it met the Obama sniff test, and if it did pass the ObamaCare standard, it cost you a lot more for less coverage.

If you try to look up Obama's statement on Snopes, you will get "No results found"? Hmmmm??? I wonder why? It sounds like Snopes is sticking to their stealthy liberal agenda.

...Rich

Latest posts