Let's be honest... The horn is WEAK!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Easley

Reaction score
So almost got in an accident today when some idiot ran a red light, and it was a reminder of how weak and quite frankly sad the horn for the gen 1 sport trac is. Anyone done any mods to add a louder and more powerful horn?

:yawn:

Go to the junkyard and try to find a pre 80's Caddy, their horns are loud.

You could always get a train horn by HornBlasters or Trigger (check out youtube videos for how small but extremely loud they are. :supercool::fire::driving::supercool:

I'll be installing a train horn in the spring, hopefully my buddy still has it or I'll just have to buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't remember actually using mine, yet. I should probably check that...

I would test them both, the high and low, Maybe 1 is shot, both my gen1 had good loud horns..

Todd Z

Alright cool!

A train horn sounds a little extreme, but necessary at the same time. My horn sounds like it should be in a VW Beetle... This is not something I would change right away, but what I have been thinking about. Would it be as simple as unplugging the old horn and plugging in the new one? Where is it even located?

Thanks,

J.B.

I used the wolo#419

Pulled the wire from the bottom oem horn to power it.

Along with the the top oem horn. It is very loud.

Edit; got mine @ harbor frieght store for $35..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i tell you how much i HATE train horns on trucks.

i live in a high-rise, 2 blocks from several bars and resturants.. and every Friday and Saturday at 2:30 AM some idiot leaving the bars drives around the block several times blasting the horn at people..

i've been considering buying a slingshot...

I had a quad-trumpet Siege Engineering horn with a 3 litre tank on my 1500HD Silverado. I kept it when I sold the truck. Anyone care to share a photo of big air horns installed on/in their Sport Trac? On my 1500HD I mounted the trumpets under the hood and the tank and compressor in the bed. But the ST doesn't have much space to spare in the bed......

Latest posts