Left Blinker/Brake light not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night I discovered that I damaged my front driverside tire recently. Must of scuffed the wrong curb and cut the sidewall.

This morning I dropped it off at the local Wal-Mart for an oil change and to swap out the spare with the front driverside tire.

Picked it up a noon and on the way back to work my left blinker on the instrument panel seemed to be blinking twice as fast as normal. My wife, who was following me back to work, said that my left blinker and brake light did not work. I figured either the bulb blew for some reason or Wal-Mart cut a wire somehow during the tire change or knocked something loose under the hood.

I took it back to Wal-mart, they changed the bulb...did not help. Lowered the tire... so no wire damage. Looked under the hood... nothing found. After 1 hour the guy said he could not see how they damaged it and suggested I go to the local Ford Dealer.

I spent some time at home and tried to check all of the wiring at the back of the truck and lowered the spare again. I can't see anything. Anyone have suggestions for what has caused this? I plan on going back tomorrow to talk to the manager at Wal-Mart to see what else can be done. I still think it was caused during their service.

:angry:

raise the steering wheel or lower it and see if it works.... this is a known issue with the st, the plug on the mfs (multifunction switch) pulls apart......

edit: looking at your year of st, bet your out of warranty.... may try to take the cover off the steering column and push the pins back in the connector. Mine was replaced under warranty with no issues since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem.........since mine was out of warranty, i took the steering column cover off and pushed the wire back in, and then pulled a little slack out.....zip tied it, then found that it was still a little loose at the mfs, so i i zip tied it to the mfs too......no problems since

Fan IF your under warranty, you may want to have it fixed...

Todd Z

Latest posts