?? LED 3rd light ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Shirley

Reaction score
ATTN...Those of you who were quick enough to get the LED 3rd brake light on the E-bay auction. This link is from the expired auction. Is this the same brake light as you got from the auction? If so, I'm getting one. Thanks a lot.

Adam

Oh, and are these DOT approved? Moving to Virginia soon and we know how those state inspections can be.

Adam

Adam,

Yes that is the same light but I don't remember seeing a DOT number on it. I will take a look at mine later.

BTW, the same seller I bought mine from has more available again on Ebay...

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for an Explorer all red led 3rd brake light.

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

The dude who sells these things says that they are DOT approved so we shouldn't have any problems with state inspections. I should be getting mine in the mail later this week.

Tom, can't you get red led bulbs and replace the white ones? I haven't gotten mine yet so I don't even know if it comes apart or not. I'll take a look at it when I get it and see if there is any way to further mod. I'm thinking of painting the chrome edge to match the black track already, and now that you mention it, all red lights would be pretty cool.

Latest posts