leaking sometimes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILL E

Reaction score
My 2008 V8 leaks 'sometimes'. I have seen it twice. The 'water' drips near the lower radiator hose but I can see it is coming from higher up. I don't hear any sound like you might expect when the cooling system is pressurized. The radiator fill tank was close to empty but the radiator seemed full. I should have compared the fluids. The dripping stuff doesn't seem like classic antifreeze but I am old school.

Any thoughts?

I put some distilled water in the radiator overflow tank to see if it leaks out.... updates to follow.

Could be the radiator.... We have seen a couple fail on here already..

Todd Z

is it hard to replace? I do my own wrenching on older cars. I promised myself I wouldn't wrench on the sport trac but I am also a cheap bast...

Check you-tube. I think that is where I saw the video.

This generation trac and explorer. Some have had radiator problem leaks. There is an electrolosis issue. Causing leaks in the alluminum...

I had the radiator replaced on my 07 V8 replaced last month. The radiator had been leaking a qaurter size puddle when it sat & cooled off. I didn't want to wait until it became a bigger problem so I had a new one installed for $727.00. OUCH! :eek:nline:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts