Leaf Spring need replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
Ok folks I been here for a long time and I have read alot on the leaf springs. but just where would i purchase a set of quality leaf replacement springs? My trac sags bigtime when i put on my popup camper or trailer, with mulch, wood or whatever. Way more than i think is good, and way more than people i have seen on this board.

I have replaced my shockes with monroe reflexes 2x since I owned the trac. 2003. I also put on ther RAS many years ago along with the warrior shackles. The trac seems to sit well but again with any type of load it sags. I think it is the result of carrying 21 bundles of shingles way back a few years and the springs never been the same. I think it was like 1500+ pounds in the bed for a short ride... I know i never should have done it but I did!!! So anyone know where I could get a good set?

Joseymack

Do you have a truck spring shop there?.... They are great for this sort of thing and can put in heavier springs too.... OR go OEM and use air bags adders and your set !

Todd Z

I would go with air bags. And only use them as needed. Look at caymens set up.

If the springs are normal to you unloaded. JMO air bags. Or the sensatrac shocks with the load srings.

The air bags are adjustable the shocks are not.

car-parts.com

You do realize it makes no difference what type of shocks you have right? Shocks dont provide extra suspension (except coilovers), they just take the bounce out of it.

Latest posts