Killing when I put it in Park!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Ok its just like the title says. Last week I went to get an inspection and failed because of my tune, didnt know it will make it fail. So, I went home and put the ST back to stock and it went crazy, well then I reset the battery and the transmission was a lot better, but now when I am driving and I put it in park, it will kill my engine or get close to killing it. and when I start it up it tries really hard to kill it. What is wrong? I talked to a mechanic at my work and he said to ethier clean the IAC, or if that doesnt work then its probably a bad IAC. I cleaned it and it helped a little but not much. Do I need a new IAC? or is something else going wrong? thanks in advanced and sorry its so long.

Boodro

It's possible your DPFE sensor might be going out. Have you ever changed it? On mine, it happened right after I installed my Mac intake. I don't remember if I had a code or not, but it always died in park and neutral. Just something else to check.

does it do the same thing when you shift to Netural, or when shifting from drive to reverse?? when my 01 was doing this i cleaned the intake butterfly vlave and area... mine was under warranty and the dealer changed the IAC and it didn't fix it.. after i cleand the intake area all was fiine...

troy

I have a new DPFE sensor, and a new elbow..so it cant be those. Not sure but its still doing it, so something is going on :(

Boodro

did you reflash it back to performance ???/

Todd Z

I was thinking like Todd. Might be a software glitch from the flash. Maybe a reflash then go back to stock will take care of it.

I havnt flashed it back because I take it tomorrow to get the inspection re-done, and Im afraid its gonna die on them and it will fail again. But I have a feeling it need to be back on performance too. hopefully it wont fail tomorrow and I can put the tune back on, but if it does then I guess Ill have to get the tune with the inspection pass on it and go get it done. thanks for the help.

GM- Thanks! I hope I can get it fixed too :D

Boodro

Latest posts