kid's first car

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
my son is now 16 and it is time to drive :driving:

no way am i teaching him :bwahaha:

well i had great opportunity to pick up a first vehicle for him.

nothing like a kid first car but he really likes it. mine was a 73 vette, but there is no way he is going to get a sports car as a first.

it is a good safe vehicle, a 2007 toyota camry le w/55k miles. rated a top pick for used vehicles.

thoughts and what was your first car?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
1988 Plymouth Sundance, with a manual, cost $600.

Kids car is going to be as new as my "new" ride. Spoiled :cry:

As for opinion. I am sure the Toyota will be a fine automobile. I however ONLY ever buy domestic automobiles, used or new. My choice is not based on reliability but on history. I will never in my lifetime purchase a Japanese, Korean, German or any other car that is not domestic. I am not interested by the way whether it is built in Mexico, South America or anywhere else. I am entirely interested in where the mother company is located.

I recently put my grandson into his first car, a 1960 2dr coupe Frontenac with an in line 6 and automatic. Restored to all original. It is yellow with a black interior.

I still own my first car, its a 1957 Ford F100, in-line 6 and 3 on the tree. Mint green with dark green interior. It is completely rebuilt and runs great.

Gerry Mac

My first car was a 1969 Chevy Camaro C.O.P.O.. It was rolled and I spent 5 months of non-stop working on it. I wish I still had the car but I still have all the ID tags, VIN Plate, etc.. I've been helping my neighbor get his '69 Z28 back on the road ( it hurts especially since we got it running on Friday ). I'll upload some pics that I have, not many cause back then I didn't really think of that. Can't upload the pics, they won't resize any smaller then 708,324bytes.

:angry::cry:

Neighbor kid across the street got a 1990 or so Dodge Spirit earlier this year. had 48,000 miles on it.

I drove a 1966 Mustang in High School.

Good choice for your son... Good solid car, good handling, and a safe car.

My first was a 73 Ford Galaxie 500, Police Interceptor. I swear it had no top end.. Could bury the speedo and it was still pulling hard... Kept it till I was 21, and it has 248,000 miles on original motor, but C6 trans. had been repaired once, and rear end had to be fixed once also. On a side note, I could sneak 4 friends into the drive in due to trunk size.. :grin:

Tell me about it, I still have all the identification fromt he car so I could by thoery fid a donor body and put my tags on it. I did research on the car and it was 1 of 27 with it's options/color combo/ etc.. 3 left in the world like mine now according to GM Coorperate. What's bad is six years ago I saw the shell on eBaymotors for sell for $1,600 (I was pissed because I just bought my Chevelle right before then). It was in the same condition I left it in, it was literally a skeleton of a shell because I was gonna do a Full restoration but ended up moving to Oregon and gave the shell to my cousins to restore and keep it in the family but they lost storage and sold it to a camaro collector up in Allentown,Pa. for $150. I was 19 when I bought the car for $750 and had the car done before I even had my license, only got to drive it for 3 months before I torre it apart to redo it and never got to. It was a true ZL1 C.O.P.O..

:cry::cry::banghead::banghead::cry:

what was your first car?

My first car was a '63 ford galaxie. 405HP, 406 cui, 950cfm tri power carbs, solid lift cam. T-10 4speed, factory headers, 3;50 rear gears. Dad didnt buy it. He wanted me to respect, my $$.

It looked like this, but blue in color. It was a sleeper.

[Broken External Image]:

My first car was a 1977 Ford Maverick 4 door with a straight 6. The vehicle had over 140,000 miles on it. I drove it for a year and a half. Sold it and it was on the road for another few years until it hit well over 200,000 miles.

With only 55K miles, he should be good for another 40K miles before a full engine rebuild is needed. Drive it for a year or two then dump it.

Tom

A 1965 Chevy Impala SS. 327, 4-speed and a trunk big enough to sneak three friends into the drive-in movies. Talk about a real "sleeper", it was almost unbeatable in the "Stoplight Grand Prix" on the old circuit in Asbury Park. What fun days, aahhh......

I had a 2000 monte carlo SS for my first car. But come to find out about 2 months into me owning it, it had been in 2 previous wrecks and wasnt what the dealer told us. so we got our money back and I got my sport trac.

1955 Plymouth V8 - Had so much Bondo in the front that if it got hit in the back, the front would have fallen off. Open the hood and you found a motor, carburetor, and distributor. No radio, ac or heat, but a 2x4 surfboard rack on the top. During the gas war (.09 gallon) you could fill it up for less than a dollar. Don't miss the car, but miss the price of gas. :boohoo::boohoo:

My first car, and so far each of my driving kids first car, was/is whatever I/they want/ed and could afford.

For me, was a '73 Nova. For our son, a 2000 Sunfire.

TJR

1974 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440, doors were rusted so bad that you could still see the windows when they were rolled down. Use to fit 10 people in that thing with no problems and it would still light the tires up at a 10 mph roll...good times

1979 Ford Granada 4-door with the 250 straight 6 and JATCO trans. My dad would have bought me the 2-door ESS version with the 302 with the C6 in the floor if it hadn't been a half quart low on oil.

1972 Volkswagon Superbeetle... I almost hate to admit that I owned one, but the girls loved it - though I did fully enjoy watching people punch eachother in the arm everywhere I went...

First that was actually mine--'84 Olds Cutlass Ciera.

Car that my first couple years of driving was done in--either one of the family's two early 80's Chevy Caprice Classic station wagons. We weren't allowed to have our "own" cars until we could afford them completely ourselves. And since we lived on a dairy farm and all our "free time" was spent working on the farm (unpaid, except for room and board), there wasn't time for any outside employment by which to actually earn enough for our own car. So that luxury didn't happen for any of us until we escaped to college.