Keypad code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anybody have a universal code to reset the keypad systems on sport trac doors? If not how do I find the code to it.nI don't have the original owner's manual for my sport trac.

On your 2002 st, You have to look under the dash board behind the glove box, with a mirror, or Remove the pass side airbag, then find the theft module, and the trucks factory code is on there...

There is no universal code...

ALSO ford can tell you what it is, but it does cost some bucks

Try searching if you need more info, there were plenty of threads with this discussed...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
you can pry off the vent cover on top of the dash close to the windshield, and using one of those small mirrors from the parts store, and you can see the sticker, I had to try several different sets of numbers to get mine right as the #'s were not real clear, but got mine to work. then just pop the cover back in place.

I found my code using the method jimp described. After removing the vent cover on the top of the dash, just flip up your wiper blade and look down from outside through the windshield. I didn't need a mirror to find my code.

Inside

Todd Z

I checked out the projects section and followed the steps to removed the airbag. It was simple and only took approx. 10 minutes.