Keyless entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the following: I bought my 03 ST from a private party. The guy was selling it for his brother who was in Iraq. He didn't know much about the truck so he couldn't help me with the code for the keyless entry so I have to put the key in and turn the ignition and dive under the dash to push the little button. There was a plastic card in the glove with the default Ford code numbers but as soon as I touch the buttons to try to enter them the damn alarm goes apeshit (horn and siren) - it's one of those extra-market systems that Ford contracted for back in 03 but no more. Can anyone tell me how to reprogram this so I can use it?

If the extra security is ford. You will have to get them to check it. If you have the default code #. Something is broke. If it is after market. Take it to a reputible shop.

I agree,,,

It sounds as though the alarm you have is an aftermarket alarm that is over-riding the OEM alarm.

I am sure if you follow the button you are pushing it either goes to a fuse or a power line. Disconnect it and then see if you can use the code...

Thanks guys. I think I'll try to disconnect the whole system. Two different times when I was staying in a motel the alarm went off - I suspect it was a young children who couldn't resist pushing the buttons on the door. And then there's the inevitable overly full pockets when something accidentally pushes the alarm button.

Latest posts