kenwood sub

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the previous version of this sub, and it fit in the storage compartment behind the rear seats.

-edit-

Still have the picture

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at these for a minute, Before you spend that much on one I think you could get the same sound from a factory sub/amp (also 6") even though it doesn't have the passive radiator with it. Also these only go down to 35hz and the human ear can hear down around 20hz. If you just want some bottom to your music and need the space this is a good solution just shop around, it is available for less $$$$.

I had installed a JVC head unit in my '01 in order to get MP3 playback capability. After upgrading the head unit and all 4 speakers, I wasn't happy with the bass response. I didn't want to go through the effort of a custom sub & amp install, so I got the Kenwood powered sub. While it isn't going to rattle your windows, the Kenwood did a good job of filling in the low end.

put your money, and lots of time, into soud deadening the doors. Both inside and outside skins. That along with Pioneer 4-ways @ 50 watts and you don't need no sub - or it's assoicated installation/wiring headaches. :D

[Broken External Image]:

Wow.. that is a really good sound deadening job Can Trac. I bet that took some time. That is another project I am going to get into along with re-designing my sub/center consol. Now I know what a good door looks like :)

I have the Kenwood sub and it has plenty of bass for me. It fits perfectly in the storage compartment . I bought a new Pioneer DEH-P680 and I already had Infinity speakers.

It sounds great to me. You will save a bunch of money if you get the sub and radio off

Ebay.:D

Thanks Snooze. It took about 4 hrs. and approx. 9sqft of B-Quiet deader/door. No fun, but definitely worth the sound improvement...

Latest posts