K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Wajer

Reaction score
For 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Nothing wrong with it. I live in South Dakota and when it gets really cold (0 degrees and below) it won't stay running until it warms up. I have to sit in it to keep it running. It sometimes trips the "Check Engine" (lean) light if I drive it before it warms up. Only happens on initial start up when below zero. I don't want to chip it so I decided to sell the kit. If I lived somewhere it stayed warm I would never sell it. Drastic improvement in throttle response. Also helped out in the power dept. and +2MPG.

can you give me a little bit of info on it. Or a website where I can read about it. I like the 2 mpg increase. Allways open for that. Also, what are you asking for it. thanks

James\

Hey,

I live in Brookings, SD and have a MAC intake on my trac for over three years now with no trouble no matter how cold it gets. I wouldnt think that the intake is your problem. Just my two cents!

I highly doubt the kit is causing the problem. Sound like it could be the MAS is dirty or maybe the ISC valve is bad.

Tom

You can see it at KNFILTERS.COM The part # is 57-2529-1. The sight says it gives 6.88HP@5243RPM. I think Devin and Caymen are right the problem with my truck isn't the kit. Still gonna sell it though. I think I paid $230 for it. I think it is easily worth $100, but you can make an offer.

Any cracks in the tubing and how's the condition of the filter? Any pics? I have an 05 but I think it should still fit. If it does, you have an offer coming. PM me;)

I would clean the IAC. I'll bet if you remove the kit you will find it still stalls on the cold mornings...

The IAC is what prevents that from happening. There is a project here at the site.