JMS Pedal Max and Sprint Power Booster

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoNiE

Reaction score
Has anyone tried either of these things to improve throttle response on a V8 Gen2?

The ETC really sucks. There is nothing better than a mechanical link from the gas pedal to the throttle body, but that's not an option.

The JMS Pedalmax and Sprint Power Booster claim to improve throttle response, presumably by goosing the signal to the TB.

Flooring it would do this but doesn't so Presumably these things goos the voltage to open the TB more but fool the ECU into thinking the throttle is not open as much to get some sort of compromise? I'm guessing here. I have learned to work the pedal to get it to respond better by give a partial throttle then more slightly later, but it really sucks when you need to go now (passing) but have to wait for the ECU to catch up

The X4 helps a little bit but not enough.

My 2001 Gen 1 with 150K miles on it still has better off the line pull and throttle response.

Have you tried to recalibrate the throttle? It seems to give my '10 STA 4.6L better response.

I can't remember who originally posted this, so I can't give credit.

1. Turn ignition on, but don't start.

2. Slowly press acceration pedal to floor (take 3-4 seconds)

3. Release pedal suddenly (yank foot off)

4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three to four times.

OP suggests this once a month.

May not help, but easy to try.

Ask your tuner to adjust the Throttle response if they can......

Also the reset procedure works well...

the truck may just be too underpowered for you...

Todd Z

I've done the pedal thing. Helps a bit. I've played around with different speeds on that cal.

Tuner said there is nothing they can do for that.

The truck has plenty of power, just hate to wait for throttle issue.

As Todd stated, a tune can improve the throttle response, it did improve it on my 07 V6 along with a bored TB and performance filter.

Latest posts