Jim Freeman Accident - critical condition

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
My father (who owns an 07ST Orange Frost, and who some of you know from meeting in Louisville) was in an accident at work on 8/1. He works at a mine which strips coal from the earth by digging down into veins. He performs the maintenance on these huge earth movers. While at work, he was parked in front of a Caterpillar dump truck (165 tons, empty) that didn't know he was there. The driver, who is a close friend of my dad, pulled forward and rolled my father's utility truck upside down then drove over it without seeing him. He was trapped for 2.5 hours and only had a broken femur. However, due to laying in a puddle of gas/antifreeze/brake fluid for that long, he developed 2nd and 3rd degree chemical burns on his back and legs. He was flown to a trama center and was transferred to a burn center. He is in critical but stable condition at this time, yet still sedated and being treated. He has a fever and is developing pneumonia at this time, but is in Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, PA and under constant care. At this time, we know he is going to have a hip replacement, due to the bone break being close to the hip joint, when his burns are healed which may take 1.5 month. It's going to be several months before he is home.

Here are the pics from the accident. Everyone is surprised he wasn't worse off. Click on the pictures for a better view:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pat97vette/JimFreemanAccident

News article:

http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18654438

Wow. From those pictures it's amazing he's alive. Give our very best to your Dad and keep us posted on his condition.

Pat, Glad he is ok,

You have our prayers that he makes a speedy recovery....

This hits home, I was driven into by one of those Euclids on the job, thank god he hit my bronco with the tire and just drove over the front bumper, messed up the truck but i got away with some whiplash......

Sorry again,

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW thats pretty bad, amazing he is still with us today he must be one hell of a man to being able to survive. Us freeman's are tough sons of bitches ha. You would think they might be able to retro-fit some camera on those big ass things so things like this wouldn't happen.

Pat:

Holy ----. I've been to Reading Anthracite's pits in my travels in and around the middle coal fields of PA.

I had no idea of the relation. Please send my best to your father. Of course, you and your family are in my prayers.

In my prayers. Hope for a speedy recovery. Glad to see it wasn't worse off. Send him my best wishes.

As the others have said, we wish you the very best.

I hope he pulls through and is able to continue to live a happy and normal life.

Best of luck to you....

My families prayers are with you all... Sorry to return to sad news.

Again, we will keep the whole family in our thoughts and prayers.

Tracnblack...

Latest posts