Jerry Gerner or HO 04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, thanks for that link. I had actually looked at that one before. I am actually looking for the dimensions or a "template" of the brackets I would need to mount a brushguard or a bull bar aflter installing a body lift.

Carlos, I believe HO 04 posted some pictures of the brackets he made and discussed them at length. You may want to contact him directly if he doesn't respond.

Yes, I think I am going to try that. I have been looking for pictures of vehicles with a body lift and a brushguard or bull bar installed so I can get an idea. I am hoping he has some.

Thanks Les.

I wish I could get someone to make me a pair. I need a pair bad. Have had the body lift for more than a year and have a brush guard I really want to put back on.

If I could find someone to make me a set, I would pay for them.

Yes, I feel ya. I am making sure I am able to do this before I purchase the body lift. I figure if I can facilitate the fabrication of these by having pictures and/or diagrams it should minimize the a$$ pain when fitting.

Hey Carlos, I'd like to know this info too. please keep us informed what you find, or let me know how i can help.

I just got a quote from local 4wheelpart shop for a superlift which was way too expensive ($3k with labor). Have heard bad things about TT and shackle lift (wear on front and handling), so I am considering the body lift as well. The only thing holding me back was the brushguard issue.

if you have any metal or iron works place by you they can fab the brackets....

Heck i could make a set if i had the dimensions and stuff, It is only some welding and cutting of metal..

Heck a good muffler shop or body shop may even make them for you !!!

Todd Z

Thanks Todd. You have just stated my sole intent. ATL, I see we are in the same predicament. I have considered a mild TT up front to even out the rake. My rear end, for some reason, sits a little high. I found a body lift on Ebay that I may purchase in the near future along with a bull bar.

Just found this posting. I will look at mine and try to get the measurements. All I did was make them the same thickness as the factory ones and then just went up 3 inches and out. Not that hard of a job but I did make them out of stainless steel!

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is nice using a hole punch but drilling it would not be a problem. I have had this on for about 2 years now and it has held up good! I couldn't get my hooks in but that will be another welding project.:grin:

I went to a local shop or crook shop, that is well known around my area and they told me they needed my truck for a day along with the brush guard. And that they were just going to modify my original brush guard mounts and charge me $275 to do this. I was yeah, sure. I would be super stupid to do that one. Not many metal shops around here and I don't have any experience.

So if anyone does happen to make a set..... I would like to have a pair, pretty please...

HO 04, thank you very much. You have been more than helpful. I think it is time I gathered my resources to see what I can come up with. I really appreciate the amount of help from everyone else.

Latest posts