JDBoxes and other homebrewers........

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
JDBoxes, I know you brew and have a kegerator, so I thought I'd share my project with you(don't know crap about vehicles, but I DO know beer!). A chest freezer that holds my 3 kegs. I'm really happy with the way it came out, I have a Citra Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, and American IPA right now.

Cheers,

Mike

[Broken External Image]:

Nice!

I've been debating adding a collar to my kegorator so I can fit a 3rd keg in there. I wouldn't put another tap in, but at least I could lager or force carb a backup.

I just brewed an oktoberfest recipe yesterday so I'm waiting to see some fermentation signs on that one still.

I've got a Special Bitter and Blonde on tap right now. Along with my personal Amber Lamps recipe in the keg conditioning.

It's a Johnson A419, 1st one I got for this project was inop, and had to send back. Second one I had to open up and secure the power line to the terminal because it was barely hanging on. Working now, but I'd probably go with a Ranco if I had to do it again. I'm brewing an oaked english ale saturday, and an Octoberfest and a robust porter next week (I'm on vacation!)

Yea it is, are you on homebrewtalk.com too?

I just got my order yesterday from AHB so I've got some stuff in reserve now. Took advantage of their free shipping over $100 deal.

Ha ha, small world. Yes to homebrewtalk, and I to took advantage of the free shipping, bought my faucets, gas manifold, bulkheads.......and more for my build from AHB! there's a local homebrew store here in Ludlow MA too, real good guy. http://www.diybrewing.com Not a flashy website, but he knows what he's doing and is a very valuable resource. Because of him, I've really gotten into all grain brewing.

Ha ha, small world. Yes to homebrewtalk, and I to took advantage of the free shipping, bought my faucets, gas manifold, bulkheads.......and more for my build from AHB! there's a local homebrew store here in Ludlow MA too, real good guy. http://www.diybrewing.com Not a flashy website, but he knows what he's doing and is a very valuable resource. Because of him, I've really gotten into all grain brewing.

Nice this was my first order from them. When we were in WA the local shop was only 15-20 min away. Now that I'm in CA it's almost an hour away. The CA shop is totally self service, which makes it hard if I have to take my kids so I just ended up ordering online. In WA I'd stroll in with the kids and the owner or his son would gather up everything I needed. I miss the small town feel. CA prices are actually a little better though. I imagine I'll be ordering more online now just for convenience sake though.

I've decided I'm adding a collar. I just need to figure it all out now. Not sure if a 4-6" extension justifies adding insulation on top of the wood or not. I'm sure the fridge isn't super insulated anyways.. anyone have thoughts on that?

I used 2x4 to make my collar, and it's sitting on top of weather stripping on the freezer. Some people used adhesive caulk, but I found the weight of the collar, especially with the 1x6 Poplar trim on that seals it nicely. I bought some styrofoam insulation but will most likely not use it. I don't see any loss and the compressor doesn't seem to cycle more than it should.

Latest posts