Jacking your truck to the moon!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Polk

Reaction score
What is the point in this? Is it a "Look at me" type of thing?

I can understand if you're going mudding or climbing a damn mountain. But why jack your truck to the sky if you're just going to drive around town?

I see this every day over here and it's the silliest looking thing I've ever seen.

I went to the bank today and seen this F150 so high off the ground. There had to be at least a 4 foot clearance under the truck. And the real funny part was watching this guy get in it. He couldn't be no taller than 5'8" or so.

I guess to each their own. I just think it's retarded to have people laugh at your ride.

I have never had any one tell me my ride looks retarded. But i can tell you i get at least a hand full of compliments on a daily basis. But you are correct to each his own i think its retarded to lower a truck.

I could say the same thing about lowriding vehicles, here in MN they don't make sense cause of all the potholes. You are correct though, to each his own.

I got one raised, one lowered and one stock. Its all in what can/will make a vehicle look/perform better. My 66 F100 is stock height.. Why? B/c it looks good that way. My Sport Trac has a body lift (working on getting more lift for sure) Why? B/c its 4x4. Its meant to be up in the air. My Ranger is laying body on the pavement. Why? B/c its sexy like that. LOL

Big, I'm not talking about trucks your size, I kind of like that.

I'm talking about trucks like this.

f0c29deb8862e99a10470b9f48414a58.jpg

See people all over the place driving those around.

Big,

Are you the one working on the jacked Red ST ??? OR was that some one else ??

Todd Z

pssh thats not a truck

this F-650 is a TRUCK

now u cant say that if you saw this thing behind u wouldnt think dang im gettin out of the way haha

thats y u have a truck that big!

My dad lifted his truck mainly for mud boggin'! Course that is whats fun. Clean pic of it. Hes just got a 4" Suspension and 3" Body lift, with 15x10 Wheels wrapped in 36' Dick Cepek tires.

[Broken External Image]:

gatorrich,

I find it funny that what other people do with their money and to their things that doesn't seem to affect you in the least bothers you so much that you need to complain about it on the Internet.

I find that funny.

There's lots of things others do that I don't get. But as long as it doesn't affect me, I let it go.

TJR

Hey, you know. It's the dumb things that bothers us.

Just like them loud ass turbo mufflers people put on their cars! Sounds like a chain saw! See I was going to start a thread about that one but decided against it. :)

See Bill, that's what I'm talking about!

I mean come on! What's the point unless you're going through some mud? I don't see any mud on that truck, do you? On top of that, that's a Ford not a Peterbilt! WTF?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you drive one of those extreme jacked trucks on the road, rolling it over is pretty much inevitable. Its not a question of "if", its a question of "when". I kept telling my friend that after he lifted his 83' Toyota 12" and put 37" tires on it. Sure enough, it wasn't a year before someone cut him off and it ended up on its side. A mild lift is one thing, but over 6" and you'll be upside down eventually.

Those trucks that are that lifted will never survive on a trail, and will never see a trail.. They are parking lot monsters, if they went on a hill climb or an off camber hill they would simply roll over. I have had people amazed when they see what my little ST will do.

That F-Series does look kind of dorky with the giant Peterbilt mud flaps. I'll bet he got pulled over right after he lifted it, and found out the law requires mud flaps. I have known people who had that happen. The look on their face is classic when they first see how stupid the mud flaps look on their truck!:lol:

Hey, the average adult male of our species is only 5'6"! My customized truck doesn't compensate for my lack of height! It compensates for my tiny....Oh never mind...

Latest posts