Jack doesn't have enough lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Godbee 2

Reaction score
After doing the TT and adding 265/75/16 BFG All-Terrains my stock jack can no longer lift my vehicle enough to remove the tires! I have to use wood cribbing to add height under the jack. Are there any other Ford truck jacks I could look for to get the extra needed height?

Last edited by a moderator:
F350 maybe ??

Off road places also sell bottle jacks for lifted trucks and extension pieces as well.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get various size bottle jacks at Harbor Freight. At decent prices. I have noticed most of their jacks are the same ones @ Sears, Etc. Better prices @ HF..

Mearure under front and rear, while on the ground. Front lower control arm and rear axle. On the front dont measure the oem jack point. The bottle jack will slip off. Find a flat spot. Under the control arm, close to the wheel. The rear measure under the axle plate.

The boxes are marked for the min/max lift. I suspect you may need the 6 or the 10 ton size. About $15 to $20.

I carry a 4 ton $12 but, Im at stock hieght. I dont trust the factory jack.

While you are there buy the fold up wheel chocks, $5. It will all fit under the rear seat.

Eddie,

Thanks for the info! I will check out HF and try to find a suitable bottle jack. I took a look under the control arm and couldn't find a place flat enough. Where do you jack from?

Where do you jack from?

Been awhile since I used it. Around home I use floor jacks.

If I remember somewhere around the shock. It is not completely flat. But it is a good grab point. As the jack goes up the control arm levels out on the jack head.

Make sure you take into consideration when the tire is flat that any jack point is much lower to the ground. I have the problem that i bought a new bottle jack to lift the truck high enough for my 31's but when the tire is flat the new bottle jack is too tall to put under the leaf springs to lift it up. When i have a flat on the road its a 2 jack operation. 1 jack to lift up on the frame high enough to get the other jack under the leaf spring pad.

I forgot to mention. I used a coupon from the sunday paper. Got a HF 1 1/2 ton aluminum floor jack, $59. The handle is detachable. I bought it to consider, putting it in the bed. I see the coupons in magazines lately even.

It is a smaller frame and lighter than my other 2.

The 2 floor jacks I already have are 2 ton units. Much larger and heavier.

Latest posts