Its not an ST, but its pretty cool!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Well, I've been busy the past few weeks. Here are the results; installed a set of H&R lowering springs(1.75"), changed over to a Magnaflow dual exhaust, put in a K&N intake kit and got rid of those "neon tubes" on the lower front fascia and replaced them with a set of DRL's from daytimebrightlights.com. Torrie has supplied a great set of tunes(as always). The only thing left, for now, is the HID headlights(got the kit, just need time) Oh, I finally got my personalized plates! Sandy does look pretty cool. Still really miss the ST. Bob

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

See ya'll out there somewhere!!!

She's beautiful Bob, nice work! :supercool:

Very nice, Bob! :supercool:

I'm looking to replace my '04 Trac with an Edge Sport in a year or two. I'm curious, though, about the ride quality with those very low profile 22's and the sport suspension. How does it ride with that setup? Is it rough? Did the ride improve or get any worse after you installed the new springs?

Also, could you post some video of how she sounds with the Magnaflow exhaust?

No it's not, but it is a very nice looking Car.

just washed the 2004 ST
:grin:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

My none ST below the Sable.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
:supercool: :driving:

Very nice Bob.....Now you need to get us some time slips......:banana:

What do you think about, body color painting, the grill bars'? Also SS diamond grill mesh, behind them ?

I bet it corners good.......

NICE !!!! Ya know I probably could do a TB for that thing !!!!

Todd Z

Red. Drawtite does make a hitch, but it involves dropping the exhaust and some minor cutting on the inside of the lower fascia panel. TT, the ride is a little stiffer, but not bad. Its just that its a short wheelbase vehicle so it tends to buck a bit over bumps. I'll do a video for ya soon. Eddie, the grille is actually a black metallic color and looks pretty good. I found a film from 3M that matches the grille and I'm gonna use it on that stupid piece of chrome in front(got the idea from Dingo, he's got a white Edge Sport now). Its the only chrome part on the truck. Stupid Ford. Todd, was thinking that when I did the intake. Maybe we should set up the lab and experiment! And last but not least, T_511, Its been waxed 4 times since November when I got it. Also its a new color this year, called Deep Impact Blue Metallic. Made the decision not to run through the auto wash(ST had fine scratches from the brushes) Found a nice Polish? lady, next town over, with a hand wash business. Awesome job for the same price as the autowash. Thanks all. With the warm weather approaching, hope to see some of you again...:driving:

Fantastic looking Sport Bob, love the color. If gas keeps going up, I am thinking about one myself in blue or red. With all the new mods, what kind of gas mileage are you getting now?

Depends on how deep I press the "Go" pedal.... About 19.5 "normal", around town/highway miles. Have gotten over 23 going down to Maryland and back. And if I feel particulary frisky, the mileage drops to around 16mpg. Oh well, fun costs money, LOL. Bob

Latest posts