Is this worth buying?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky S

Reaction score
I'm interested in a certain sport trac, and I wanted to ask you guys to see if it was worth buying.

http://www.suburbansubaruofstuart.com/used/Ford/2005-Ford-Explorer+Sport+Trac-9768bdf90a0a00020183c649c14aa4ac.htm

Has higher mileage than I'd like, but a clean car fax and a great price. Is it worth it?

is that too many miles? I really want this truck but everyone says that its too much miles. How long do they usually last?

Have a qualified mechanic check the complete cooling system and timing chains. Those are your sore spots on that engine. Anything else is fixable.

I have 270,000 on mine. Still runs great.

I don't see that as too many miles. I see that as too high of a price!

both look in line to me.. but maybe that's just me.. the ones around here with higher mileage were selling for much more about a year ago.. (13k - 18K) 4x4

If Carfax is good it looks like a good truck. Offer them around $8000 for it, or $9000 with a warranty. :) I love my '05 except for an erratic/occasional low idle issue that replacing the IAC valve did not resolve.

Latest posts