Is this installed correctly?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can Trac

Reaction score
Well I finally got the addco fsb installed today and modifying the bracket turned into a real p.i.t.a. Thanks to this site for directions, cuz none were included. The bar looks like it will install either way,, is this correct? :blink:

~thanks~

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
We found drilling the hole in the bracket 1 size larger and crimping the bracket in a vice worked wonders for installing it......

I believe you may have it upside down..... The end link hole on the end of the bar should be parallel to the control arm and i see yours is pointing down....

It may not hurt any thing for a while, it may just wear the end link bushing Pre maturely..

Todd Z

I re-installed and it definitely fits better and went faster second time around. It was rubbing on the rubber boot, but no longer. Too bad Addco doesn't give any directions :angry:

Other than that, very happy with the improved ride and handling.

~thanks

CanTrac,

Honestly, no instructions are needed. Just look at the way the OE bar was installed and make the Addco bar look the same way.

We installed the Addco FSB on my brothers 1999 Explorer without modifying it one bit. We then installed his FSB (4x4's have larger FSB's than the 4x2's have, but they are not worth the effort to swap them). His FSB fit my Trac like a glove. Just make sure the bends are in the same place as the OE bar when it was installed.

Something I do is take my digital camera out at take pictures. I then print them out and keep the pictures near me if I need to look on how it goes together, I can look at the pictures and know what I have to do.

Tom

After installing the Bar on 1 2000 Explorer and 5 Gen 1 St's I can say the 00 exp was a walk in the park and the St's did require slight modification.

The bracket hole spacing on the Larger Addco bar is slightly off compared to the ST. You can easily cross thread the bolts if your not carefull.....

And there was a nice difference compared to the stock 4x4 bar to the addco bar !!!!!

Todd Z

Latest posts