Is Palin THAT dumb?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
She apparently thinks the First Amendment should protect her from criticism by the press?

"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

The First Amendment protects freedom of speech from GOVERNMENT interference, among other things. Gov. Palin apparently thinks her speech should be protected from the MEDIA?

I must conclude: DUNCE!

I guess I don't see it the same way as you Lasik.

Whenever someone "piles on" and begins to inappropriately villify or smear someone else for what they say, I do think that freedom of speech is under attack.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheneverf someone "piles on" and begins to villify or smear someone else for what they say, I do think that freedom of speech is under attack.

If that's the case, there are quite a number of people on this site the last couple weeks who are guilty of violating other members' freedom of speech....

Bill Barber,

Yeah, you are right. I know that. Freedom of speech means one is free to speak. It doesn't mean you won't get chastised for what you say. I understand that.

But, I ask, if what you say is reasonable and you get "attacked" for saying it, how "free" is that?

TJR

well then she is still FREE to say what she wants.. but if she wants to be free from criticism she should watch her mouth.

nobody's gonna lock her up for the comments she made..

Lask1, what I believe she is saying is that her right to expression is being intimated by the press criticizing in such a manner as to try to punish her for her opinion. Its really not that clear. If you were advocating to form a trade union and at every rally there were thugs with pipes in their hands expressing disdain for your ideas with the implied threat of harm, you might be intimidated. They didn't prevent your free speech but were trying to curtail it with the threat or actual retaliation.

I'm sure she knows that the press has a right to criticize her, but that should be in editorials not expressed as news. Most papers mistake news for their editorials which most people accept as fact.

I'm trying to figure out who the dunce is.

The subject or the OP. :rolleyes:

It's kind of like that 360 coverage they talk about:

[Broken External Image]:

Mike C and Jerry G get it.

Free speech and freedom of the press means we can say and the media can report whatever they want.

However, when the media whips things into a frenzy and tend to make news rather than report it, there clearly is an abuse of that freedom going on.

That's the problem with freedoms. You have to take the bad with the good.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
In the picture above, you could substitute the name of "Joe the Plumber" also. The media pounced all over him after he engaged in free speech w/Obama. All he did was talk to the man and ask him a simple question, and he was made out to be this huge loser and damn near a criminal. And all Obama did was approach him in his yard, talk to him, and ask for his vote.

Actually if we had the source of the comment and the whole article we could make a better determination as to what she was saying. Having a sound-bite doesn't mean anything. The mainstream media is constantly spinning the content to present something it is not. This has occurred to all of the candidates, however Palin has been criticized the most. If the attacks were equal for all candidates, at least some of the questions we have regarding obama would be answered, such as the tape the LA Times is refusing to release.

And I feel that the Republicans are posturing themselves to blame Palin for their slipshod campaign and possible loss.

Why else would her "handlers" be letting it "slip out" that they think she's a diva.

You KNOW they're going to try to blame someone for it.

Sarah is to be thrown under the bus, then they ride off in the sunset in said bus.

Hopefully, Sarah will prevail!

[Broken External Image]:

You've been nursing at the teat of Keith Olbermann and MSNBC too long. He used that same line tonight. It was garbage when he said it and it still is.

I'm certain she fully understands it's about the government censuring people, media or groups. The media is suppose to have unbridaled reign to report the truth as they see it. Unfortunately, too many of them are using their positions to foster opinion upon the viewer. Guess what? The FAIRNESS DOCTRINE would stiffle free speak and it IS an infringement on the FIRST AMMENDMENT. If brought back in it's last form, it would only apply to radio not newspaper, magazines, or TV. That's fair. Not.

If the majority of the media treated Obama/Biden with same distain being used when they go after McCain/Palin, her comments would not make sense. Instead, the DEM ticket gets pass after pass or softball questions on tough issues which rightly leads one to believe that there just might be some sort of media bias going there.

The media in general is doing everyone a disservice by the utter failure to report equally on the candidates. These so called journalists are nothing more than opinion writers and are not upholding the banner of investigative reporting. MSNBC should be renamed The Obama Network.

Thank God we have Fair and Balanced Fox News

and The Drudge Report.

The rest of the media has been proven by many independant

sources as being biased.

Bring on the Leftys to dispute this fact!