Is it my imagination ...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew W

Reaction score
I put the Addco 737 front sway bar on yesterday, and compared the end-links - it looks like the ones that came with the bar are about an inch shorter ... is this right ??

Yes. The ADDCO bar is NOT a direct bolt in.... You may need to lengthen it if your ST is lifted.

The Bar does go in though with no problems... Just check your clearances first..

Todd Z

Lets not forget, the shorter bolts improve responsiveness of a sway bar.

It was a direct bolt in on my brothers Explorer and his bar was a direct bolt-in on my Trac.

Tom

I added mine two weeks ago and ended buying the end link replacements for the Sport Trac because the ones that came with the 737 after installed, were to close to the rack & pinion booth.

I did not like to end having to replace the booth so I replaced them and now it really looks good and handles wonderfull. :D

Jose

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger..I have always set up front swaybars to be level at the end link. Or as caymen said, for more response, make the end links a little shorter. Thats what I have always done with cars I moded.

Roger..I have always set up front sway bars to be level at the end link.

Standard installation for comfort and basic handling

Or as caymen said, for more response, make the end links a little shorter.

Correct for best performance and stiffer ride....

Todd Z