Is it bad to tell your girlfriend she's high maintenance?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've told my fiancee that occasionally for over 5 years. She knows it, and she just giggles when I say it. The difference is in when you say it. If you are working on a long list of "honey do's" and are nearly complete, you can get away with it. Mine even takes me to dinner, because sometimes she just feels she needs to show how much she appreciates me. :D

What I am dreading is that "Honey Do" list waiting for me after two years in Poland. It took me three months to catch up with the list she had when I spent one year in Korea a few years back. :(

Apparently the truth hurts.

Run like hell because it cannot get better. There is not a pill she can take that will make her 'maintenance-free', she will just need more and more maintenance (much like a Sport Trac if you will).

Ignore the previous if you too are high maintenance.

I look at it this way, be brave, get it over with now, better that you can share constructive criticism with each other rather than let it go on and eat away at your relationship. If something bothers one of you enough, you should probably get the stones to talk to the other one about it.

I wouldn't some girls react differently...i know i was told it and i just laugh at it...but my sister on the other hand gets mad when people say it...unless you are prepared for her reaction and have something to say if she does get mad then i wouldn't do it at all...but who knows she may laugh and say i know...thats what i do...but thats up to u....

:lol::p

If you are gonna tell her she is high maintenance and you want to keep her,Then have something good and expensive to give her.That way you can tell her and give her the gift and say I think your worth it.Otherwise you will just kiss away a lot of time._Ron

Agh yes, the arrogance of youth and a young relationship.

I've either been married to or dating my wife for 25 years now, and if there is one thing I have learned is that:

a) She is always right.

b) When I think I'm right, see a) above

c) She can handle the truth, as long as its something she can handle

d) I really have no clue about her

All women are high maintenance. It's just a fact. Women that are low maintance are called guys!

I once told my wife that I can't possibly remember everything she says because she talks all the time. Sometimes it's true but she was pissed for a while. Who knows...maybe I was blowing off steam saying that or just wanted to make a point. Either way, she'll get over it...but likely won't forget. She still brings it up every once in while. That was 3-4 years ago. You could have called her worse things than high maintenance.

All women are high maintenance. It's just a fact. Women that are low maintance are called guys!

My wife is not high maintenance. She was close to getting pissed with the engagement ring I got her. It was almost too big. I have to twist her arms to give her a gift. The best gift I can give her is a nice evening next to a small fire in the back yard.

That is why I married her.

High maintenance girls are not worth it.

One thing I used to tell any "perspective mates" is that I am honest and that if you ask me the truth, I will tell you the truth. The old "Does this dress make me look fat?" question could end up with a yes answer if it does make you look fat. If the question might have an answer that you won't like, you might not want to ask that question. IMO, nothing is more disrespectful then not telling the truth.

...if the shoe fits....

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a few years Caymen...wait a few years. All women have maintenance...you just haven't found hers yet.

And regarding the classic "Does this dress make my ass look fat?" question...the truthful reply most often is: "No! Your fat ass makes your fat ass look fat!"

The question she should be asking is "Does this dress hide my fat ass?"

That's the truth, most often, but not respectful and not something one will "get away with" telling their wife.

Jack Nicholson said it best:

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!

TJR

Latest posts