Is camber kit required

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Beaulieu

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a camber kit is NEEDED for an alignment. I did a 2/3 drop to the ST. Took out the torsion bolts in the front and but 3 inch blocks in the back and the shop wasnt sure if i needed the kit until it gets put onto the lift. Id rather know if i need one before i buy it. I dont want to have to deal with taking the item back and getting a refund.

There is no way to know until the Trac is on the rack.

You see, the camber bolts allow for more adjustment from stock. The techs may find that stock adjustment is enough to get back into the green. Or, even with the bolts you may still be out of recommended adjustment.

Probably, you will need them. If you're worried about the hassle of returning the washers, just wait until the Trac is on the rack, let the techs look at the readouts, then buy the washers then. A good shop should keep them on hand or be able to get them quickly. It's not like you HAVE to buy them online and wait on them.

Excuse me Boodro ????

Dont insult me like that..... :eek::eek::eek:

Todd Z

Are you going to install them yourself? If so, buy them and install them, then take it and have it aligned. If you're going to let the shop install them, it doesn't really matter. The reason is that the shop will probably overcharge you for the kit, as well as rape you on the install. They're not terribly difficult to install, but they take some time. I seriously doubt you'd walk out under $250-300 if the shop sells and installs the kit for you. Do it yourself, you're looking at $40-50 for the kit and $50-100 for the alignment.

Wow, I don't remember asking your opinion of my choice of words... or really give a damn for that matter. The last I checked though, "rape" is a recognized word in the English language, with multiple definitions, not all of which refer to a sex crime.

No wonder Todd felt offended....

Do you use the word around your mother or sister?

If not, why not? It's a perfectly acceptable word after all.

Like I said, you should feel proud for using it. You gonna name you child Hilter next?

1) Actually, yeah, I probably would. It is an acceptable word with multiple meanings, and fit the context in which I used it.

2) I've got 2 kids already, not having anymore. Both are named already, so I guess I missed my chance on that one, dang...

3) As said before, I don't recall asking for your opinion on my choice of words, and I don't believe we've ever even "spoken" before, so I'm not really sure what your problem is, or why you felt the compelling need for your comment. So go take a time out, stick in a new tampon and shove off.

Alan, I apologize for muddying up your thread with this. I was just trying to provide the advice you were looking for and save you some money if possible, I wasn't aware Tiger was promoted to Vocabulary Monitor of the site, must have missed the memo.

Dan,

Obviously, you are a fan of hyperbole. Since a simple word like "overcharged" never entered your mind to describe how being charged what you think is too much money for service work, instead, you chose a very base word with very bad connotations.

Nice family atmosphere you're promoting here.

I dont see the big deal. So he typed in the word "rape" wow who cares. Its just a word. Saying the word rape and than asking if he is going to name his child hitler is one two different worlds. That was just ignorant. get off your sensativity training mindset and grow some balls....oh sorry "testicales" is that better? people in this country are going over board with the politically correct bullsh***.

Getting charged more than you were expecting is getting screwed without your consent.

Yup, in a way the word "Rape" fits.

Hopefully I never never need to get "bent over without my consent" by a shop.

Tom

I see the south park episode on my head now......... LOL

ALSO I posted that beceause Boodro said Todd, and IT was Tiger that posted the reply, not me....

Todd Z

No, it doesn't hit close to home.

I get tired of hearing children yelling the word "rape" while playing a simple video game, and would expect adults, ADULTS, to have more common sense, or an ethical mindset to come up with a word more fitting then "rape". I guess expecting anymore more then childish behaviour is expecting too much from people anymore, considering the crap that gets posted day in and day out.

It's also quite sad that no one, even administrators, see no problems with someone equating being overcharged for a service with the extremely violent act of rape.

It's also quite sad that no one, even administrators, see no problems with someone equating being overcharged for a service with the extremely violent act of rape.

Getting overcharged for a simple job is a violent act of rape.

Tom

Right....it is exactly the same thing. There is no difference between paying a little more money for something you're incapable or unwilling to do and being forced to do something against your will whilst having a weapon lambasted in your face.

Very sad state of things indeed.

Tiger,

I may have been joking about rape, but you are right is it very serious topic and should not be made fun of.

At the same time, as our language evolves, we use words that mean one thing to describe another.

gay=happy=homosexual

That is only one word. Does it say that if you are gay that you will live a happy life or were there a bunch of homosexuals in the 60's and 70's that lived in the closet?

We may not agree with what words are used to describe something, those words are still used no matter if you like them or not.

You are not going to change it. The only one that has a say-so is the owner and if he doesn't have a problem with it, it doesn't matter what you, or myself, thinks.

You are not going to change anyone on what words they use and how they use it. Even if I think you using the "u" in words that Americans decided that letter was redundant is stupid. It is your right and you can do it all you want.

Tom

Latest posts