Intresting Video

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some spooky stuff there.

The world IMO is truly turning to shit with all this info and tech.

As I age I truly do miss alot of the good old days as my parents used to call them.

Young people today are truly missing out on what life is really about.

Bill, your right. The first thing that blew me away was china will be the largest english speaking. I realize their poplation size but not all chinnese are learning english. What is happening here is the reverse.

The whole video is overwhelming...

Being a libertarian and an advocate of isolationism (SP)

I do not give a rats azz what happens in any other country other than america.

All the other countrys in the world would be in the stone age without The U.S.

Screw them all.

tech is great for sure, but our Children are at tremendous risk due to being overwgt, due to video games, two working parents and a day care person that could give a shit.

let them play games and feed them junk food all day.

This is a hoot, my grandkids visit, we have bikes for them, turn the friggen games off and go ride your bikes says I.get the hell out of the house and enjoy the nice weather.

So my son says, just wait a sec dad, You realize there are 4 sexual predators within 3 miles of our location as per the website (OK):blink:

They can go out and ride bikes, BUT they will have there cells And call every 30 mins, and there GPS units just in case (kids are 7&9)

Wierd that when I grew up, I never heard of any of my friends getting molested, and we used to ride our bikes well after dark.

We all had BB guns, yep is possible, but nobody got there eye shot out.

We all had firecrackers and Cherry bombs, we made matchhead bombs, we could buy carbide at the local hardware store and make bottle bombs.

We all grew up just fine with low tech toys. and very few of us where overwgt (because we where very busy)

Taught my grandson how to build matchead bombs, cut the heads off of about 50 strike anywhere stick matches, wrap them up in tinfoil, throw them up in the air in the street, when they hit is basically a smoke show, he loved it, his parents (my kids, were pissed)

So be it, let tech rule, feel bad for the 10s of millions of tech kids that will develope diabetes from being morbidly overwgt.:(

Thanks for the info about matchhead bombs, gonna have to make one of those.

It's hard to find the strike anywhere matches anymore, but I found some a Publix.

You are absolutely right about raising little lardasses. Kids today have forgot how

to have fun without sitting in front of the tube. We had to invent the Wii Fit to get america active. What have we done!?

It's human nature to evolve, it's also human nature to be afraid of the unknown. I had fun growing up in the 80's, but I'm also glad that you don't see much of the flock of seagulls hair did or members only jackets anymore. As time passes we get smarter, we make new discoveries, all with the notion of improving upon our current lives. It's a beautiful thing IMO. You either see the glass half full or half empty.....looks half full to me.

As far as raising lardasses.....

It all depends on what choices you make as parents. No one is saying that kids HAVE to play videogames or HAVE to eat junkfood. We had our Wii since this past July, and my son has only played with it 3 times. He'd rather go to the beach or to the park than stay home and play video games. He's 6 years old and he has never had a soda to drink. I was lazy at home yesterday and I asked him "what do you want to do today?", he replied "lets go to the gym Daddy!". Surprising? Not to me. He is the way he is because that is the way we choose to raise him.

I would give my left nut for him to have a chance to grow up the way I did but that's not realistic. Times have changed and continue to change. Why fight it? Just gotta roll with it and choose wisely along the way.

be carefull Bud, you could hurt yourself, I was a pyrotecnic fanatic as a kid.

Burned down a barn with a bottle rocket made from the contents of 50 old shotgun shells.

Used to blow up toilets at school with Carbide (all great fun) and nobody got killed:)

Than was the time i scored 5 lbs of pure sodium from the chem lab in Highschool, real spooky shit sodium was when exposed to water.

Maybe it is safter for kids today to play vid games:)

Anyone seen Wall-E the movie,

Funny movie, look at the Captains of the ship on the wall

they get fatter and fatter as the mission progresses.

Good movie to rent.

Bring on the technology.

I like living in a world where to average life expectancy is over 70 rather then 40. I like the idea that in the near future, most of the most devastating diseases and abnormalities that plaque millions of people and children will be a thing of the past. I'm excited about the prospect of sending humans to different worlds. None of this would be possible if it weren't for technology. None of this would have happened if America had closed its doors to the rest of the world. It's a good thing our leaders have more sense then to be so crass and irresponsible to have a closed door policy. The more you can better the lives of everyone, the better your life will be.

Wall-E is an awesome kid flick with a great message. My Son has that DVD in his stocking. I like how they used old school contraptions used in classic cartoons and movies from decades ago to make the sound effects.

Nice combination of old and new ;)

Than was the time i scored 5 lbs of pure sodium from the chem lab in Highschool, real spooky shit sodium was when exposed to water.

I had a Chemistry professor who lobbed a big chunk of sodium from the balcony outside the classroom into the water fountain down below in the courtyard. He scared the hell out of everyone! He also nearly lost his job.

I do not think kids have forgotten anything as some might say. How can a child know about the good ole times when they never lived in "those" times? I saw a shirt that said, "There never was a good ole time To me that makes perfect sense. Because the adults complaining about times now, when they were kids, the adults then were probably complaining as well. More studies show that children learn by observation. So, when all parents do is hand them a cell phone or some gaming device and not spend some, you know, quality time with them why do we expect them to appreciate something that is not a game or a movie. I'm a counselor and have mentored and directly counseled about 200 kids just in the past three summers. One common trait I have seen with the kids that come to my camp is a lack of imagination. The camp that I work at is an outdoors camp, we have nothing that involves a computer and the kids are not even allowed to have their cell phones let alone a music device like an ipod or mp3 player. Kids are not using their creative parts of their minds because they don't have too. Movies are all high def. and the graphics are simply outstanding. Computers give them access to the world without needing to leave their room and there are plenty of computer based fictitious lives that are made up and lived so why bother live a life that you didn't want. Simply make another one up that gives you everything you thought you needed. Today, most of us live without needing to face reality. We can not blame the future generation if this current generation teachings them nothing. Sorry for my rant. But it all boils down the fabric of the home.

Latest posts