Intermittent Sirius radio signal loss

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
2010 Sport Trac Limited with the stock Nav/Sirius radio.

I am having a long time standing problem with an intermittent signal loss on the Sirius radio. I have come to the conclusion that either the antenna is messed up or from what I have read on the net there is sometimes a corrosion problem with the antenna wire. If anyone has any ideas or info on this I would like to hear it.

Anyone know if the antenna on the roof is for both the Sirius radio and the GPS for the navigation?

I am thinking about replacing it and sealing it up better as per a youtube video from a ford tech that was mentioned in another post on this site.

Also should I just get a stock radio from Ford or is there a better choice?

THANKS

I doubt my problem is the same as yours but I do notice that I lose the signal more often than I did ten years ago when I first bought my truck. In my case it only happens in wooded or hilly terrain but I drive in a lot of the same areas as I have since I bought the ST. I assume it is either an issue with the antenna or their satellite is losing orbit. I'm guessing it's not the latter. :grin:

Sirius cuts out and says either acquiring signal or no signal. comes back on in a little bit. very annoying. happens much more frequently now then it used to. Has to be an antenna issue or wiring issue.

Thats what I thought. I have noticed that at times the navigation says No GPS in the top left corner.

Has to be a antenna problem.

My Sirius XM Sixties on Six cuts out every Sunday night at 10 PM CST. Comes on again a few minutes later.

Thats weird, but it must be the station. Mine is every channel and happens on and off all day.

Ive seen windshield replacements cause this.

On my friends 08 I replaced the antenna. I just stuck it on the roof next to the oem one, Ran the wire and plugged it in.

been good for years now.

Todd Z

Never had an windshield issues.

I think i am just going to replace the antenna and wire. Anyone know if a gps/satellite antenna from a new year explorer is better than ours?

Must have mad some improvements in the last 7 years?

Latest posts