Interior Lites Stay On

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just went camping for a weekend and had to get 2 jump starts. My interior lights, my rear lights above the box, behind where the rear seats, and the light below the driver side view mirror will not turn off. This drains my battery and requires a jump start. I did pull a trailer to get there, but disconnected as soon as we arrived. Anybody experienced this? Is there some dial/switch on my dash that I am not seeing? Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Bruce

There should be a rolling switch around the steering wheel somewhere. On Generation 1 V6 models it is on the left near the knee, if rolled all the way up it will illuminate all lights including truck bed. If not engaged it may be making the connection either way. Attempt to roll down, and see what the results are. If rolled all the way down, lights will not illuminate when doors are opened.

That is true- rolled up keeps the lights on but I think if they stay on for a certain time frame, they automatically shut off-as a battery saving fail safe.

I don't know if there is a fuse or relay that controls that fail safe-if so it would make since yours failed or you may have a deeper issue?

Need to spray brake cleaner in the DOOR LATCH part of your lock, then wd40...... Open and close all 4 doors a bunch of times.....

Sometimes the door switch in the door gets dirty and sticks.

Todd Z

Also check the door switches. I had to spray some WD40 into the latch(edge of the door) once to get the light switch to free up.

Edit: Looks like Todd beat me to it! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I am good like that....LOL

Latest posts