Interesting info on XCal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor CAD

Reaction score
I am (and have been) running Torries 87 towing tune in my 03 Trac. I had the same tune on a 03 Mazda Tribute that I liked so much, when I bought the Trac I had Torrie send me one for the Trac. It has been on my Trac for the entire time I have owned it.

North Carolina has an emissions inspection that is done through the OBD2 port. The first year I lived here, I was exempt from inspection. My exemption expires June 30, so I took it to a certified inspector this morning with the tune installed. I was told that it would NOT pass if altered, but that if it did fail, I would be given 90 days to correct it. Figured what the heck, give it a shot with the tune loaded...It passed with flying colors!

Better MPG's, better emissions (now proven by the State of North Carolina), better power and a billion times better transmission shifting.

You just cannot beat the XCal!

Thanks Torrie!

Tunes can be tricky like that and cause fails....but Torrie knows what settings and sensors to set to allow emission testing with a tune.....he is the man!!!!!

Todd Z

My performance tunes pass every year. The county I live in is very strict. I found that all they look for is if a hard emmision code is set.

2 yrs ago the lady before me failed because of a code. Her check engine light wasnt on either. It was a 2 yr old expedition. I didnt find out what code it was. Had to be emmision related.

Latest posts