intercooler for ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick,

The may call it an intercooler, but i'ts just a cold air intake. Intercooling is only needed for supercharged or tubocharged engines and is designed to take the heat out of the intake air that was created by the compressing of the air. They only bring the air back down closer the the ambient air temperature.

It would be a nice cold air system if one would fit the Sport Trac.

...Rich

well i know it's not really an intercooler, i know it's an intake but let's just refer to it as an "interfooler" from now on lol:lol:

ohh man, Did you try to even read that auction.... Bad translations and stuff...:)

Todd Z

Todd,

The guy had a 99.3% favorable feedback, so I don't think the guy is a bad seller He's had over 6K sales on ebay, so 12 complaints in a year is not too bad. Look at the problems SeattleSportTrac is having with his WebExtremes graphics business selling on ebay. There are some really seedy buyers out there who try to swindle the sellers, just as much as there are shady sellers.

I'm pretty sure the guy did not invent the "InterCooler". He's just selling them and using the sales pitch from his suppliers.

...Rich

If you want something to cool the air going into your intake, get a boost cooler. They will give you as much horsepower as any of the other mods you can do (other than a supercharger). It injects methanol into your cylinders with water to cool the charge. On a diesel, it can give you a LOT of horsepower (100+).

I'm probably going to get one on my truck, to cool the boost from the S/C.

Well you cant place a huge filter in a box and call it an inter cooler... Even the pics show that it assembles as the first thing in line.. That does not cool crap... Only catches more air if mounted in the correct spot...

Good for his 99.3% feed back... Guess he has suckers that buy this crap...

OHH well..

Todd Z

shhhhh.... I bought 2....

Todd Z

This is my intercooler ( a dirty one at that) the blower mounts on top, that is my intake :D

[Broken External Image]:

Wow that 'thing' on ebay is interesting to say the least. I love the "Power adding" 22 holes in the plexi over the air filter, effectivly reducing your air intake to that of a handful of straws.

Last edited by a moderator:
I NEED one. I kinda doubt that would fit though. I may have to go with one of the snowperformance.com kits that cools the boost with methanol/water. I'm sure that my intake air temps are well over 200F when it gets hot here in Missouri. The Roots-Type supercharger adds a LOT of heat to the air. Do you know of anyone who makes one similar to the one for the lightning for the Trac?

I'm not sure of one avaible in a kit type form...but then again I'm more of a turbo performance person, but you're right, roots add a lot of heat, and no easy way to remove it. At least centrifugal and turbos have ducting from the compressor to the intake which offers the chance to install an FMIC.

I wouldn't trade the low-end torque that I get with the roots-type supercharger for anything. Even going up HUGE hills, as long as my RPMs were above 2000, I could maintain speed, it took very little pressure on the accelerator to go FASTER. On level ground, ANY pressure on the gas pedal adds speed, it's GREAT! It's also a ticket waiting to happen though. There were more times than once today where I looked down and I was doing 70-75. I'm sure Turbos and whipple superchargers are great for racing, but you can't beat the roots-type for driveability. I truly LOVE driving the 'trac now.

Latest posts