Interchangeable parts???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Lyle

Reaction score
Finding info. for the sport trac on some sites is very frustrating. Has anyone put together or found a list of which vehicles carry some of the same parts for the sport trac....?

For instance, will a 2001 ranger bumper fit a 2001 sport trac or a 2001 explorer seat fit a 2001 sport trac. [I'm not actually asking those questions- just an example]

If anyone knows which parts would interchange between explorers and rangers and sport tracs, a lot of us would benefit.

Someone with the know-how could make this list available. Or we could submit individual findings to ... list admin? who could make it available.

Any takers?

Hmm....

A list wouldn't be as easy to make as one may think. While there are a lot of shared or common parts, they differ in part number or from year to year. It'd be a lot of exhuastive research and cross-checking to find exactly what years from other vehicles would work.

It'd be handy, but too much work for me to take on right now.

Here you go!!

1. Welder

2. Cutting torch

3. Ducktape

Ummmm....can I use a generic duct tape for 3M duct tape....:lol:

Actually, it would be nice if something like that list would be available, but I agree with Tiger, it would be a tremendous amount of work. Plus it seems that just asking on here if something would make suitable replacement almost always gets an answer from someone who knows.

Chet

Glenn,

I am sure if you start to compile a list, Rich would be more then happy to set it up. An easy thing would be to use MS Frontpage or MS word to compile the HTML data.

Tom

Would be a good idea. Easier if a ST or Exp line assembly worker, could annonamously post a list such as this. "they know" ;)

had a frontal accident, I have been checking to see what parts fit are interchangable. I tried pulling off the ranger parts & the Explorer....Nothing Fits....Only vehicle that is similar, Explorer Sport...The doors are the same as any explorer..

Latest posts