intake manifold

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Grimes01

Reaction score
:smile0016::smile0010:how hard is it to change the intake gaskets. mine has sprung a leak! picked up the gaskets.makeing a tool (T30 TORX) 8 inches long to reach bolts. cut a torx screwdriver off and welded it to a old 1/4 extension. wish me luck!!

Your job 2 intake is leaking ??? Coolant or air ???

It is a dry manifold, so if it is coolant it is not the manifold but the T-stat housing...

Todd Z

That stinks.......

Todd Z

I did when I did my injectors and played with my intake........ I don't remember but I think it was about 4 hours......

It is not that hard, Just a lot of little tings to remove.........

See if Steve (??) can give you the manual cut on changing it, and honestly if you have over 100K, I would change the t-stat housing,sensors, and front timing chain tensioner...

Todd Z

I did it when I changed my T-stat housing. Didn't need to but my Ford Tech buddy said it made the T-stat housing job easier (it did, couldn't get the top of the housing off without removing the intake, could have in pieces but wouldn't have been able to reinstall). I used a torx socket and 1/4" drive extensions. Best advice I can give is to wrap blue tape around all the vacuum hoses as you pull them off and count them. I forgot to put one back on, it was hidden under the bracket on the driver's side rear of the intake. couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run? :smile0016: