In dash video

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone recently gotten any type of in dash video headunit for their trac? I am looking into getting one and have heard mixed reviews on what some friends of mine have. Also, i would like to know which is better for a trac, a double din unit or a pop out? Thanks everyone!

I have the Alpine IVA310 and I love it. Its a single DIN, but it pops out to a 7" touch screen. Its pretty nice. Has all kinds of nice controls. I have it controlling my other two 7" Alpine headrests. Its still a little pricey for being last years model but, its a good one. Sometimes, just gotta go with what you can afford or whatnot.

I have a Pioneer D3 double din with the metra explorer double din kit. I love it have my ipod in my glove box for an endless supply of music,videos and movies.

Kenwood DNX-5120. Wanted 8120, but could not get over the blue-colored buttons. This allows me to customize the illumination to match the the rest of the dash. Form and function = essential.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

If you do a search, I also have a post on the install how-to from start to finish.

My buddy has the pop out (single din) on his Trac and the vents get in his way. Plus he can't have the heat on in the winter if the screen's up.... I'd go double din..

Latest posts