I'm going to fix my 2-3 flare

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jay, sorry about the late response and I'm sorry I won't live up to my word of putting together a project write-up on this according to my previous claim here. I simply haven't had the time to sit down and put together a worthy project. Further more, it has been too far gone for me to remember things in detail.

What I can say is, I'm grateful I was able to undertake this project and complete it, and my Trac drove nicely afterwards. I can still say this after nearly two years since I started this thread. I must be honest and also add that I still experience a flare on rare occassions. Rare meaning about twice or three times in the last two years and I've averaged about 14K miles a year. I should add that I think these flares happen after switching from my usual acceleration at about 2300 rpm's to a more tender one when trying to keep revs under 2K rpms.

I've also decided not to use alternate tunes and higher-octane gas because from my experience it's not long after doing so that shifting starts acting weird. Might be computer related but I just can't be sure.

So, sorry Jay I couldn't give you more info than this. Follow Doug's link above it was very, very helpful in helping me undertake this project. I'm not mechanically inclined either, but provided the correct information, correct parts, proper tools, and free time, I developed all the inclination I needed.

Latest posts