I'm a PAIN, Yes I know,, but....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Would some one running 1024X768 resolution,, test this webpage for me. Is there any left to right scrolling?, is it centered (or close to center)?. I have tested it on my wifes machine and there is no scrolling. But I would like some outside test results. Please and THANK YOU!

http://www.carolinalockandkey.com/1024/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a series of colored overlay boxes. The top one is 1024x768 and reads scroll>>yes.

It's grounded in the upper left corner.

I'm set at 1024x768. I'm seeing what Larry is, but I don't need to scroll my screen left/right.

OK,, fixed the confusion,,, what I'm trying to do is, see how wide I can go before scrolling left to right on a 1024 screen. The colored boxes are "templates" for checking my sizes. 800 wide just seems to be cramped. Trying to go larger. Does this make it clear as mud???? Thanks guys

LaRue you can see the actual code in your program I assume right?

div#container

{

width: 1024px;

position: relative;

margin-top: 0px;

margin-left: auto;

margin-right: auto;

text-align: left;

}

That is a "wrapper" div container that everything falls in, if you change the width to

width: 90% (or some other number) it will be dynamic to the size of the viewing computer screen.

So if you experiment with that, you can put text/images inside the div and resize your window (un-maximized and resize it) you can see the text/images shift and adjust just to give you something to play with.

JD,,, can't see any codes until it's "exported" to html form. I'm using wysiwyg web builder 6.1. I do have dreamweaver 8, but me and html don't play very well together. Do you think there would be a way to insert your tag after it's exported and have it work. hmmmmm

You can edit the html file in notepad. You can actually create a whole website with notepad if you know html well enough. So take your existing file and just open it in notepad and go to town :)

Also in dreamweaver you can see both the html code and the layout and work with them both simultaneously. So you can see what changes when you insert or remove items.

ok, so what tag would I play with to make it dynamic, if I can...........

Kevin,, I dumped the part that said 1024x768,,, but no scrolling is what I want to hear.

But I'm going to play with the code. Maybe I can find a work around after I make the page in my main program.

The main container div, the stuff that I put in above (assuming the code stays the same)

If everything you design falls with in a div tag

div#container{

all your code for everything

/div

the container information should have width: 90% or something similar to make it work.

My site I have

#wrapper {

width: 90%;

margin-left: auto;

margin-right: auto;

border:thin solid #000000;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

min-width: 900px;

}

Latest posts