IAC invisibility ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglas brandin 2

Reaction score
Well, I've had another dealer service person tell me the '05 ST does not have an IAC.

We'll find out tomorrow, I'm taking it in. Hopefully they will re-flash the computer. "05, 22000miles, under warranty

If they're that stupid, I wouldn't want them doing any work on my vehicle. :unsure:

Bottom line, if they do NOT know it has one, you need to go to another dealer. But... before I go, I would show them it just so MAYBE they can learn...

This is what your looking for the big Silver thing behind the dumb red thing... ( the dumb red thing is not on your ST) ..... Under the 4.0 plastic cover... USE a 7mm socket to remove the 3 hold down screws..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

You might try going into the parts dept., before going to the service dept, to have them print out where the IAC is located to prove to them they are idiots and/or liers. Then drive off to another dealer. :D Also report this to Ford imediately. ;)

Poor dealer service probably is a big part of the equasion as to why Ford is having trouble, but maybe if Ford goes private they will have more control over their dealerships.

Latest posts