I thought Contractors were hurting ... What a joke !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All we need is a president that has vision to create "New Deal" types of industries and jobs to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure (highways, bridges, rails, electrical grid), and creates new, green industry jobs (wind, solar, highspeed rail, metro cars, etc).

I would rather our tax dollars go for that than to bailout GM.

I agree 100%.

Don't forget we spent billions bailing out banks and they can't even tell us where the money went, except for the huge bonuses and corporate retreats.

Instead of putting more social programs to give the lazy free health insurance, we should be fixing our crumbling infrastructure.

Instead of building new schools, hospitals, roads, and power generation in Iraq, we ought to be building it here. It is OUR money. Let Iraq spend their own money for their own stuff.

Instead of bailing out GM and Chrysler, the tax money should have been returned to the tax payers so they could buy new cars.

Our country has pretty much gone down the toilet. We need a revolution (like Iraq is fixing to do) to fix it.

TJR, things ARE TOUGH right now. I can't even get the new I-phone and have to use this 6-month old POS. Also, I still have an old analog TV- the government should buy me a new plazma big screen. Also, when am I going to get a new SportTrac? This worn out, old-school 2007 Trac sucks. I need a free truck from the government. I can't go get it tonight, though, because my food-stamp steaks are thawed out and need to be grilled. Tomorrow night is out because my free college degree class is tomorrow.

Why does the government make my life so hard? :(

I drove through Lake of the Ozarks, Springfield, and Branson last weekend. Did not see any signs of a poor economy. Huge boats, jet skis, Corvettes, even a couple of Ferrarri's, and plenty of brand new condo's everywhere. Restaurants were full!

Today I was shocked. I seen a man clean cut, nice clothes, showered, with a cardboard sign with a phone number on it. The sign said "I want to work, I need a job" he was a respectable looking man standing on a street corner who had the need to provide for himself and maybe his family. He was not begging, asking for money just wanted to work. It was very clear in his sign what his message was. I felt bad for him and would hire him if he had electrical skills. Its sad to see something like that, someone who actually wanted to do what ever he had to do to survive, have to stand on a street corner looking for work. BTW it was in Madison WI. One of the top ten cities to live. You can go ahead and flame away but this was disturbing to me.

Not in these times TJR, last dollor I gave to a roadside guy was a couple weeks ago.

looked like a dirt bag, but he was honest, His cardboard sign said: out of work, I need a beer.