I think maybe the price is a misprint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
Im thinking the price here might be a misprint but if not anyone in New England looking for an ST this would be one heck of a deal it seems.

http://nh.craigslist.org/car/717703674.html

http://data.manageyourdealership.com/powersite/p2_site_main.php?pg=details&vinNumber=1FMZU77K75UB07439&previousSearchResults=&searchGroup=&thisDealer=Bill_Dube_Ford_Toyota_Scion&showPrice=1&showCRM=&crmCustomLink=&deaCod=Bill%20Dube%20Ford%20Toyota%20Scion&typeOfSearch=u&paymentCalculator=y&makeOnly=&excludeMake=

seems like its true, someone should jump on this heck of a deal.

I went to their dealership website and that is the price listed on there as well. This is a Ford dealership and it says their is nothing wrong with the vehicle. On their website they also have an 03 ST with twice as many mines for 3 grand more, it doesn't make any sense to me at all theres got to be something up with it.

Ive put in the inquiry for more information. Ive seen a few in the NH state that are going for very cheap prices. Ill keep ya posted on the info

Not surprisingly people are pricing 14mpg gas-hogs for "quick sale", assuming as gas goes even higher they might not be able to sell them at all.

TJR

Craigs list still shows the $10,991 price here.

Thnk you could hold them to it? (IE.. threaten false advertising?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I figured.

My 2004 4x4 XLT gets far better than 14mpg, I average around 18 I think last time I checked.

Craigs list still shows the $10,991 price here.

Thnk you could hold them to it? (IE.. threaten false advertising?)

Nope. An advertisement is not an offer; it's an invitation for the potential buyer to make an offer. You make the offer, they reject, and then they correct the price.

False advertising usually involves some level of misrepresentation or deception as to quality, source, etc. Innocent price mistakes, especially when quickly corrected upon receiving notice, don't do it.