I pulled a U-haul

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Hovater

Reaction score
My friend rented a U-haul 4x8 in Indiana and pulled it to Alabama when he moved out of his apartment. I came home the same time and came back to Indiana and pulled it back for him to save $135. After driving 438 miles and brought it back to them, there was nothing said to me about pulling it with my truck but is was in his name anyway. My truck had no problem pulling it at any speed. Mostly 85 he he....:)

LOL at Rich..... :lol:

Now that was funny....

Todd Z

Rich--

The reason it didn't roll over is that he forgot to add a bunch of drunk college girls to his trip.

(Which is something he should have done--for completely unrelated reasons. :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Brandon! You sure are one gutsy guy!

I would have been scared spitless pulling that thing, knowing that U-Haul trailers can make Explorers flip over. Of course, I am also quite frightened driving around town since hearing that 2/3 of all accidents happen within five miles of your home. I really gotta move if it is that bad...

I just pulled a Uhaul 6x12 with my Trac fully loaded. No problems at all. The Uhaul police never asked me about the vehicle I was using. I was worried about this when they asked me what my vehicle was. I told them a Ford Explorer Sporttrac. They never said another word.

I did 325 miles and averaged about 12 mpg doing anywhere from 70 on the freeway to 55 on the back roads. This even included some rush hour traffic through MSP. (Which was a lot of fun with the trailer!) The only problem I encountered was the chains hung a little low due to the stock suspension on the Trac and started to spark on the road. I had my wife following me and we had Ham radios to communicate. I pulled over and wrapped up the chains. Other than this I had no problems.

When I first started out I kept it out of overdrive but later in the trip - I dropped it into OD and it still pulled it without any problems.

Most of the experience was getting used to pulling a trailer which I have never done before.

You, my friend, are going to burn in Uhaul he11.

You knowingly risked everyone one the roads life by breaking the Uhaul nazi rule ;)

glad it worked out for your friend......