I Pod Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Bonner

Reaction score
Just received an new IPod for my birthday. It is the newest one out, 5th generation 60 GB. This will be a new experience for me. Music downloading was simple and straight forward. My question for anyone out there is, I understand there is software out there for converting full length DVD movies to my IPod if so and anyone is using it can they refer me as to what works for them? Thanks in advance, Ken

Ken I cant anwser your question but I want to piggyback another one with yours cause the persons anwsering yours can probaly anwser mine. I am buying a creative portable MP3 player (not a ipod but same idea) for my daughter this christmas. She will want to use it in her car and I have herd of playing your device through the cars audio system. How does this happen and what do i need to purchase extra to make it work???? she has the factory BMW casette AM/FM in her car.

Walter, To answer your question, you could go a few routes. A Casette adapter. Just push the casetter dapter into the radio and trrhe plug into the MP3 player. All done.

Ken, you might just do a google search and see what comes up.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
the headphone jack IS the line out.....

you could hook up an aux adapter. Just go to crutchfield.com and search for "BMW aux adapter" and see what comes up.

or there's the fm modulator option...

or the cassette adapter like caymen said...

Any DVD ripping software to convert the DVD to an .avi format followed by any of several program which will convert the .avi to mpeg4 format, including QT Pro. PQDVD has just released a program which is said to be idiot proof with regard to transferring to mpeg4 format. Others are also available. As above, Google it.

Not sure if this post has anything to do with what your after, just wanted to link it here as it has common interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help....The program for transfering DVD Movies to my IPod that works is

PQDVD and it works just great...thanks for the suggestions. Ken

Out of curiosity did it require a separate ripping program? I've got it for my Palm (processor speed not fast enough for adequate video transfer/viewing) and I don't recall if it would decrypt the DVD as well in addition to file converting.

Latest posts