I need to find a new transmission filler tube, mine is rusted thru and leaking. ASAP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I need to buy a new trans filler tube ASAP. Mine is rusted thru and leaking onto the frame. It's had bubble surface rust for awhile now but been putting it off. Was at the car show yesterday and noticed it leaked onto the frame. I'll drop the trans pan, change the filter and fluid just to be safe as well. If anyone knows where to get one I'd appreciate the help. I also need to know how to remove the old one, if there's a write-up on that somewhere. Thanks in advance. Oh, I'm gonna replace the factory cooler with a setup like Todd Z has as well and replace the lines leading to the cooler since their pretty well rusted too, already replaced a small section before. :eek:nline::haveabeer:

there is one bolt in the bell housing that holds the filler tube in place then it just pulls out there is a o ring on it to seal it to the trans...

Jeeze,

Why would it rust thru? We just moved to AZ from the coast of WA so our sportrac was in salt air since 2001. No problems that I know of but will go look. Are you located in an area that salts the roads? I wish you the best of luck.

It's not always a bad idea to go to the dealer. Good deal.

Latest posts